• Page:

TOPIC: Millions pledged for affordable homes

Millions pledged for affordable homes 11 years, 11 months ago #1

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd

Re:Millions pledged for affordable homes 11 years, 11 months ago #2

• Concerned ERC Parent
Green homes on the greenbelt?

Should they not be allocating some of the dough to building schools etc to cope with all the homes? Maybe balance it out, less homes and a school, doctors etc.

Instead of throwing kids out their buildings & catchments and blaming it on something else of course.

Re:Millions pledged for affordable homes 11 years, 11 months ago #3

CercP, you are absolutely correct and whilst the various bodies have welcomed more house building, you will note that they have been remarkably silent on the building of supporting infrastructure. A deficit which will have to be addressed sooner rather than later.

It seems to me that the Convenor for Housing (whoever that may be) will also have to have a remit for infrastructure in order to address this very issue and encourage other Councils and the SG to follow a similar line.

Re:Millions pledged for affordable homes 11 years, 11 months ago #4

• Concerned ERC Parent
Absolutely. No mention at all of this and I thought this would be the downfall at the local elections. I thought the public would be asking these questions.

Save the Greenbelt advertised it, local opposition advertised it but maybe people are more against the Westminster Govt and vote this way in local elections.

Even the replies to the school consultations 2 years ago pointed it out. It was not a long term solution because of the building on the go then and that's nothing compared to what's planned.

I thought they would have said we'll build these homes and we'll sort out the infrastructure too. But no mention of that locally. And when you hear save the greenbelt were silenced and they highlighted rezoning etc. it makes you wonder.

I guess it comes back to who is in charge of spending your money and their qualifications to do so!

Also Cllr McCaskill, maybe an aside but I guess still related to all this house building. How do you think having a Labour leader and a Conservative leader representing the same ward i.e. Giffnock will affect school places? Do you see the situation getting worse as both Cllr Fletcher and Cllr Wallace will continue to expand OLM at the expense of a St Ninian's feeder in another ward or maybe even a non-denominational in their own ward?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds