Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Scotland to get 50p-per-unit alcohol price
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Scotland to get 50p-per-unit alcohol price

Re: Scotland to get 50p-per-unit alcohol price 11 years, 10 months ago #19

• DJ
Stewart, it is the belief of administration Cllrs that they can walk on reservoirs.
You as a Cllr should be aware of that or you'll go for re-programming.
I however as a mere peasant, am not aware of this and therefore believe they can sink without trace!
Recent examples being Dougie, Eddie and Leslie.
Well you've got to start somewhere.

Re: Scotland to get 50p-per-unit alcohol price 11 years, 10 months ago #20

Stewart, you might have also noticed that when you argue a point with them, they suddenly lose their ability to understand simple English with the words 'I don't know what you mean'.

Basically what they're saying is - 'We've got an agenda and we're sticking to it right reason or none.'

Re: Scotland to get 50p-per-unit alcohol price 11 years, 10 months ago #21

• DJ
Gordon the one that gets me is when a certain Labour Cllr. tells me "we have to agree to agree."

Actually no, we don't, and that is not an answer it's a cop out.
Quite pathetic IMHO as it shows a complete failure to think things through.
Mantra over substance.

Re: Scotland to get 50p-per-unit alcohol price 11 years, 10 months ago #22

• DJ
DJ wrote:
Gordon the one that gets me is when a certain Labour Cllr. tells me "we have to agree to disagree."

Actually no, we don't, and that is not an answer it's a cop out.
Quite pathetic IMHO as it shows a complete failure to think things through.
Mantra over substance.

Re: Scotland to get 50p-per-unit alcohol price 11 years, 10 months ago #23

• DJ
Today's Herald.
www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/ho...ggers-guide.17616468

I think we had already picked up on most of them except this one:-

Buy on the internet
Scots customers ordering online from companies and supermarkets headquartered in England will be charged at English prices for deliveries. Supermarkets led the way with cheaper wine, and now their online wine clubs are growing in popularity. Taking delivery charges into account, large and less often is probably the best advice for buying wines and spirits.

Interesting that 11 months before it kicks in everyone is focussed on how to lessen its impact. Does this make the politicos stop and think? Not a chance, heads down charging on blindly into another car crash. Will they ever learn?

Re: Scotland to get 50p-per-unit alcohol price 11 years, 10 months ago #24

• Alan Henderson
At least OUR government are trying to do something about the abuse of alchohol in scotland , the opposition do not seem to have any ideas among them. Labour in England are in favour of this move but up here they are against. Is this just to object to anything the SNP put forward, does not bode well for ERC junta. Tories take note an opportunity, or are you feart to upset someone?
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds