(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Threat to councils' control of road network

Threat to councils' control of road network 11 years, 8 months ago #1

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd

Re: Threat to councils' control of road network 11 years, 8 months ago #2

• Dinky Doo Whats New
The sooner Glasgow City Council joins with East Renfrewshire Council the better.Glasgow is miles better in my opinion.

Re: Threat to councils' control of road network 11 years, 8 months ago #3

• Billy
Taking away responsibility for the Police and Fire Service from local councils, telling them to share back room services with other councils, giving community councils more powers and now possibly taking away roads... Hmmm interesting times. Perhaps the councillors will be getting a shock themselves soon.

Re: Threat to councils' control of road network 11 years, 8 months ago #4

• Vicky
  • Administrator
Who do Cosla think they are telling our elected Governments what they can and cannot do. It seems to me, at a time when we are talking about reforming the House of Lords, we are allowing this other secretive "exclusive club" to dictate policy for their own political agenda. They hide behind closed doors not allowing access to any Minutes etc. are exempt from FOI
and are not accountable to any electorate. It is about time that they opened their doors to democracy.

Re: Threat to councils' control of road network 11 years, 8 months ago #5

• Gerry
The cooncillors in COSLA are only trying to protect their other pals pay cheques, why should they think about us the voters.

Re: Threat to councils' control of road network 11 years, 8 months ago #6

• Sax
  • Platinum Boarder
As far as I am concerned there is no change at ERC as the administration is exactly as it was before the election and the Parly can take away as much power from them as they wish.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds