TOPIC: Two major proposals to build on Green Belt

Two major proposals to build on Green Belt 11 years, 8 months ago #1

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
Two developers have just submitted major proposals to build houses on the
green belt on Capelrig Road.

YOU are invited by them to Public Consultation events to preview their plans
and make your comments.

Please come, and have your say, it's important for all our futures.
No information on these developments has been released.

Thursday 16 August 2012 - Persimmon Homes
Preview plans at Training Room, Thorntree Hall, Main Street, Thornliebank
12pm to 7pm.

Monday 27 August 2012 - Mansell Homes
Preview plans at Sandringham Suite, Parklands Country Club, Newton Mearns.

Who are Save-the-Green-Belt?

We are a group of East Renfrewshire and Glasgow Southside residents
campaigning to protect the East Renfrewshire green belt and to encourage
urban regeneration & renewal of Glasgow and East Ren. A 'healthy' city
needs a rejuvenated heart & healthy lungs.

How can I keep up-to-date with Green Belt news?

You can follow us for news, comment, analysis and practical opportunities to
get involved, such as the two public consultation events above.
You are invited to register with us for our newsletter at
www.savethegreenbelt.org

or by email at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Follow us on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/SaveTheEastRenfrewshireGreenBelt

You can also follow us on Twitter @SaveERGreenBelt

Re: Two major proposals to build on Green Belt 11 years, 8 months ago #2

• DJ
Sadly and disappointingly this is a case of over egging the pudding.
Whilst ERC currently have these sites designated as greenbelt they are in practical terms viewed more towards being green open space rather than greenbelt. There is an argument that these sites verge on being historically brownfield as they are remnants left over from the development of the area in the 1950/60/70s.
Scottish Government reporter's dept. are foisting 5700 new houses upon ER whether ERC like it or not. Whether they all get built or not remains to be seen.

The anonymous individuals behind Save the Greenbelt need to put their heads above the parapet and engage in a mature and reasoned debate as to where we build the homes which are allegedly needed. Most of their own homes ARE likely built on greenbelt released in recent years and that tends to make them look like NIMBYs. Do as I say not as I do comes to mind.

This "organisation" would be better regarded if we had names and faces rather than pseudo sounding group names. They are good at publicising a cause with no apparent boundaries. Nor do we know where they reside nor whose interests they claim to represent.
Better to have the debate on housing and the definition of greenbelt and more importantly discuss how we service the infrastructure needs such as schools, medical facilities and road networks rather than issue a blanket nyet every time a proposal comes forward.
Why do we need more homes? We are told because people are inconveniently living longer, divorced singles and the general increase in the population numbers.

Let's see if the individuals behind this group will come forward and explain themselves and give some background as to their connections, if any, to our area.

Until they enter that debate openly and honestly they should be ignored.

Re: Two major proposals to build on Green Belt 11 years, 8 months ago #3

• Helen
  • Platinum Boarder
Dick Turpin would not identify himself, so why should I trust a group that wont do so either.

Re: Two major proposals to build on Green Belt 11 years, 8 months ago #4

• Grizzly
Where were this group when the Waterfoot park was being decided.

As far as I remember, they made themselves known when Cheviot Dr had the site visit from these dafties, sorry, councillors (remember that dipstick that got stuck in the mud) but when it came to somewhere other than the Mearns, they're nowhere to be seen.
Perhaps they live in Mearns and BN is absolutely correct, they are NIMBY's - build anywhere you want but not on my doorstep

Re: Two major proposals to build on Green Belt 11 years, 8 months ago #5

• lasercow
  • Administrator
Have to disagree with you all.

Firstly there are many reasons why people have to act anonymously when dealing with ERC. People may work for the council, have children attending their schools, rent a home from them, have to get planning permission from them, have a business that gets work from them. If anyone thinks the ERC and its elected representatives would not take action against a perceived enemy, I only have to remind you of the false serious accusations made against someone we all know on the day of the election!

As far as I can tell, everyone on this forum posts anonymously! Clearly the council know who we are - some peoples private and work lives have been adversely affected because of it.

Plus why did STGB have to stop leafleting and campaigning during the election?

I have met several of the people involved with their group. Like all the groups which arise as a result of ERCs actions they tend to be from the areas affected. If people are not being affected directly (or they don't think they are) then unfortunately it is hard to motivate them in direct opposition.

At every hustings I attended (3 I think), representatives of this group spoke very loudly and clearly.

STGB are the only group working in opposition to ERC over a number of issues at the moment, and have been very active in spreading news and info about the Waterfoot developments via their Save the East Renfrewshire Green Belt Facebook page. They didn't have the summer off.

Unfortunately while I will do everything to support and help them, they will learn, like all other groups that have stood against the council, that anything goes to a committee will get passed, anything up before the full council will get passed. There is no debate, no room for change or discussion. The only thing to stop ERC is the law, and unfortunately that costs money - which they have (via our Council Tax) and we don't.

Re: Two major proposals to build on Green Belt 11 years, 8 months ago #6

• Sax
  • Platinum Boarder
Different people take differing approaches to issues, some decide to remain semi - anon. If these people are talking at meetings their identity must already be known, and known to ERC.

I would agree with Lasercow, ERC go out of their way to try and deal with any dissent, just look at the hassle that this site and organisation has had to endure at the hands of ERC for allowing us to speak the truth and I am sure that we have only seen the tip of the iceberg.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds