Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

OLM moving into Robslee Primary?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: OLM moving into Robslee Primary?

Re: OLM moving into Robslee Primary? 11 years, 7 months ago #19

• Angelataz
Their are no words for this fiasco.

And I find myself lost for words the ones springing to mind would be edited from this site.

To remove non-denominational children to make way for those attending a denominational school is clear discrimination unless you are ERC as they can do whatever they like.

A simple admission policy giving priority to those children with a baptism certificate at the point of oversubscription would be all that was required. Already done in Glasgow at 2 primary schools.

OLM has approx 1/4 of its pupils who are not Catholic approx as ERC claim to not have these figures.

Then again they also claimed OLM WOULD NOT be taking over Robslee.

shocking that a council can actually get away with this.

will be interesting to see what develops with St Ninian's as remember it cant be extended according to ERC.

Re: OLM moving into Robslee Primary? 11 years, 7 months ago #20

• lasercow
  • Administrator
I heard it was closer to 50% non-RC. ERC do have the numbers. Every child enrolling is asked if they have a Catholic baptismal certificate. This data must be recorded or there is no point in asking.

A friend of mine was asked for hers with the wearily expressed words "I suppose you don't have a baptismal certificate either?". She did.

Angelataz, the Glasgow priority policy - is this just for placement requests or for catchment pupils? I think this is where the issue lies. OLM's catchment is so bloody huge.

Re: OLM moving into Robslee Primary? 11 years, 7 months ago #21

• Angelataz
Below is the information I recieved for GCC.
The legal position is that where there are too many catchment children for a particular school then the council's placing request criteria are used to allocate the places. Our placing request criteria are available on the GCC website and include taking into account the denominational status of the school.

The priority policy was not used for placing requests but for children living in the catchment.

I have been informed that the school rolls for Ashpark and Darnley primary both non-denominational have both risen since St Angela's and St Vincent's have ben capped.

Re: OLM moving into Robslee Primary? 11 years, 7 months ago #22

• Angelataz
Re OLM I was under the impression that you could only extend a catholic school if you could show their was a demand from catholic pupil's.

Given the high number of non-catholic pupils in OLM who could attend an alternative non-denominational school how can OLM be extended.

Then again it is my experience that ERC make up and change the rules as they go along to suit whatever it is they want. Politics you could not make half of it up.

Re: OLM moving into Robslee Primary? 11 years, 7 months ago #23

• Concerned ERC Parent

Re: OLM moving into Robslee Primary? 11 years, 7 months ago #24

• misschatterbox
Heard the news - it had always been the rumour. I had hoped that we were all just really cynical and it wasn't going to happen. But no, we were in fact completely correct. Transparent - what a joke !

A school is closed 'allegedly' to save money and ERC have now found 800k to build a tunnel to allow other children to use it.
No money to maintain our school for our kid's but lot's of money for another school to use it. Discrimination on every level.

And are the same children who are being put out of their school going to have to listen to the building works noise in preparation for the other kids to enjoy their school. Most likely.

Sadder still, these same kids are going to have to this all over again in their secondary school. Too sad for words.

What was it again, a consultation had to be transparent . . .what a complete farce.
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds