ASDA jobs must go to Barrhead people
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: ASDA jobs must go to Barrhead people

ASDA jobs must go to Barrhead people 11 years, 7 months ago #1

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
Courtesy Barrhead News

JIM Murphy has flung his weight behind efforts to make sure that ASDA jobs go to Barrhead job seekers.

Last month the first of two public consultations was held in which ASDA claimed that 90% of over 80 people who attended approved of the plans, however there are growing concerns amongst residents and local businesses that ASDA will sap customers form local shopkeepers, and outsource employees from other areas.

Now Jim Murphy is stepping up his campaign to make sure that the jobs go to local people and priority is given to local jobseekers.

Jim said: "I recently revealed new figures which show that there are 16 unemployed people in Barrhead for every job in the town. With such a serious jobs crisis, it's only right that as many as possible of the 200 new jobs that could come with the proposed ASDA development go to Barrhead residents. "

Re: ASDA jobs must go to Barrhead people 11 years, 7 months ago #2

• lasercow
  • Administrator
Is this legal?!

For my next job position, can I advertise for Swedish women under 30 only? Who don't intend to have children ever and love unpaid overtime? That's legal too surely?

Fantastic piece of self publicity for Jim though.

Re: ASDA jobs must go to Barrhead people 11 years, 7 months ago #3

• Jack
  • Expert Boarder
Wait a cotton picking minute here, is this not a form of apartheid. Does that mean that no one from Thornliebank or Newton Mearns and especially Paisley can apply.

Re: ASDA jobs must go to Barrhead people 11 years, 7 months ago #4

• lasercow
  • Administrator

Re: ASDA jobs must go to Barrhead people 11 years, 7 months ago #5

• Why?
So Labour finally show there true colours. They will only put money into Barrhead. This is pure job and spending discrimination funded by everyone thoughout east renfrewshire.
Murphy should not be meddling in local politics but blow me there must be a photo opportunity and a populist bandwagon passing by as he cannot resist jumping on.
Where is Ken Mac ? On holiday or having mair weans? Not like him to miss the chance to crack a camera lens.

Re: ASDA jobs must go to Barrhead people 11 years, 7 months ago #6

• Helen
  • Platinum Boarder
Is this not just what David Jesner said in his last briefing note, Eastwood is a cash cow for Barrhead.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds