Username Password: Remember me

Independence - The debate
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Independence - The debate

Re: Independence - The debate 11 years, 3 months ago #13

• Eddie
  • Gold Boarder
Cllr, Ye don't half spout some crap.

Ye micht be factually correct, but who the hell cares.

Ah mean pure social democracy an capital democracy, whit a load o' bull.
If this is whit you Tories ur gonnae be spoutin fur the nixt twa years, ye might as weel erect the border posts the noo.

Re: Independence - The debate 11 years, 3 months ago #14

Grizzly, you may well be correct that nobody cares. But, seeing as we'll be presented with an advisory paper on independence some time in the next year by the SG, it seems to me that the 'NO' campaign need to have their ducks lined up to counter. As Chair of the East Renfrewshire Friends of the Union campaign, I'll be leading the charge in that regard and, in my view, it won't be enough simply to poo-poo everything, I need to have an alternative message that rings the bells. You may rest assured that I do.

Re: Independence - The debate 11 years, 3 months ago #15

• Hhs
  • Platinum Boarder
Wee eck is the best reason to say no . We will keep the pound says eck don't think so says Bank of England we will join NATO but no nuclear weapons says eck don't think so says NATO we have taken legal advice says wee eck then don't think so says wee eck remember his arc of prosperity with Iceland and Eire with leadership like his he could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Re: Independence - The debate 11 years, 3 months ago #16

• Eddie
  • Gold Boarder
Harry - 100% agreed.

Sorry Cllr, I ment naebidy cared aboot yer big words an yer fancy retoric. Cin ye no be a wee bit mair doon tae earth like Harry. But nearly everywan hus a view oan the refurendum

But goin by whit ye've jist said, it dis look like ye're talkin poo.

An if yer bummin aboot bein a Chair, ye ken whit everywan dis wi' a chair, an that's stick thir erse in it

Re: Independence - The debate 11 years, 3 months ago #17

Harry's message is indeed a simple one and would certainly cut the mustard with those who are already committed to voting 'NO'. It will have no effect on those committed to voting 'YES'. The question is: what effect does it have on the very large section of the population who are not committed either way at this juncture?

Re: Independence - The debate 11 years, 3 months ago #18

The best way to secure the uncommitted is not to denigrate your opponent (see your last two posts for details, Grizzly) but to show that your opponent's position is not credible.

To take one example: an independent Scotland could retain the pound. However, in order to do so, every aspect of an independent Scotland's fiscal policy would be dictated by the Monetary Policy Committee of the Bank of England and by the Chancellor of the Exchequer. In what Universe could that be described as independence?
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds