Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Independence - The debate
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Independence - The debate

Re: Independence - The debate 10 years, 3 months ago #247

• Alan Henderson
Of course there are many smaller issues which independance will raise. None of them should divert the Scottish people from the fact that we have an oportunity to stand om our own two feet and not be subjected to living off the scraps of the westminister table which our lords and masters deem fit to throw our way. We as a people have an oportunity to show we are more than capable of running our OWN country.

Re: Independence - The debate 10 years, 3 months ago #248

• DJ
Alan,

Unlike you I don't claim to understand everything about this so am struggling to see how you reach a decision at this time.
Can you please explain to me why you think we are better off without the rest of the UK BUT better off within the EU? Economists are forecasting that the UK will soon be the financial powerhouse of Europe with the rest of the EU including Germany in a descending spiral. Seems to me that we would be better off the other way round, in the UK and out the EU. What do you think?

DJ

10 years, 3 months ago #249

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd

Re: Independence - The debate 10 years, 2 months ago #250

• lasercow
  • Administrator

Read the continuing adventures of Jim Murphy, Cybernat detector!!!

Clearly you'd never get anyone from Eastwood Labour hiding behind a pseudonym and being abusive online, would you? Where's that thread about NMCC....?

Alex Salmond predicts backlash on currency refusal 10 years, 2 months ago #251

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd

Re: Independence - The debate 10 years, 2 months ago #252

• wien
  • Fresh Boarder
I was listening to Jose Manuel Barroso's statement this morning. "yes", he said. "Scotland could join the EU", but, he also mentioned that in order to join all 26 countries had to agree. He mentioned that, as Spain, has a problem with Catalonia seeking to go independent would they vote for Scotland to become a member of the EU.
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds