scan0163.jpg

Re: Independence - The debate 11 years, 2 months ago #39

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
scan0164.jpg

Re: Independence - The debate 11 years, 2 months ago #40

• lasercow
  • Administrator
I was listening to a piece about Faslane on the radio this morning. An independent defence bloke was saying that if it was to become Scotland's naval base, it would maybe have about 1000 jobs. Any more than that, you would need to bring in Army units too.

He went on to point out that it would be a ridiculous place to have our sole naval base, as our main asset which would require military protection, the oil fields, are hundreds of miles away on the other side of the country - an east coast base would be the only option. And he also said that there was no way we could join Nato without allowing access to our bases/ports to ships carrying nuclear weapons, it's part and parcel of membership.

We focus on the big issues, but there are so many smaller ones you just don't think about. I got a phone call from the UK body that ensures businesses that play music pay a licence, which helps support musicians. I balk at paying it at the moment - in an independent Scotland, I'd tell them where to stick it. There must be 1000s of UK bodies such as this.

Re: Independence - The debate 11 years, 2 months ago #41

Lasercow, the company who contacted you are undoubtedly concerned about the payment of royalties to the songwriters. Whilst, this organisation is administered in Britain for the British part of the operation, it is in fact a worldwide organisation with only a few countries outwith the royalties net.

One would assume that an independent Scotland would wish to remain part of the royalties net and not wish to be seen in the same company as say North Korea.

SNP aims to make independent Scotland a world leader in aid 11 years, 2 months ago #42

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds