Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils

ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils 10 years, 1 month ago #1

• lasercow
  • Administrator
Once again, ERC, you couldn't make it up! I think DJ has probably exploded, they'll be scraping bits of him off The Osprey.

Glad to see council officers are spending their time wisely.

ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils 10 years, 1 month ago #2

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Link to the Council Paper

chamber.jpg

A decision will be made on Wednesday

Re: ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils 10 years, 1 month ago #3

• BJ67
I would have thought that in this day and age erc have more important issues to deal with than trying to pursue three community councils over changes to their constitution.

how much has this cost in time and resource's that we council tax payers pay for.

Re: ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils 10 years, 1 month ago #4

• flyboy
Surely the Council have an obligation to take the problems in chronological order. That means Giffnock is first. Why don't they let the public know the truth about all the problems, and see what the public think. As public servants, and not rulers, it is their duty - even though it looks like democracy has taken a back seat hereabouts.
Would someone please help us find a friendly newspaper which could put the truth out there. Some people are not scared of the truth. I am sure savio and his little team of followers at ERC are bricking it in case the national press get their teeth in to them.
Well, can we make them sweat??

Re: ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils 10 years, 1 month ago #5

• DJ
lasercow wrote:
Once again, ERC, you couldn't make it up! I think DJ has probably exploded, they'll be scraping bits of him off The Osprey.

Glad to see council officers are spending their time wisely.

Lasercow, au contraire as Dell boy might say.
I am truly grateful and welcome this development for the following reasons:
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.<

Re: ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils 10 years, 1 month ago #6

• lasercow
  • Administrator
I won't point out the inaccuracies and falsehoods contained in this report, I'll leave that to the people involved, but I really think they've shot themselves in the foot with this one. They've made a mountain out of a molehill, alienated people who were on their side.

Funny, we've been here before...a massive fuss being made out of something with no actual substance...Giffnock Community Council? Accusations of law breaking and financial irregularities, yet the police were never informed, and in the end it appears there was no issue...now who was behind that again....

Look around the country - other councils are quite happy for CCs to change their constitutions as suits them - it's not as if any of the changes suggested here are particularly radical.
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds