Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Maidenhill master plan - views are sought
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Maidenhill master plan - views are sought

Re: Maidenhill master plan - views are sought 9 years, 8 months ago #7

• Concerned ERC Parent
The other thing is that they seem to be banking on the fact that currently 20% come from outside ER. Are they saying pupils from the new builds coming in ER will replace this 20% and therefore everything is fine and there's lots of room?

I don't think so. From the stats we see St Ninian's is 106% as we know, it is getting more feeder primaries. What about the timing of the house building, you cannot remove placing request pupil once accepted and you cannot refuse placing requests if there is space.

So how will this be managed?

Re: Maidenhill master plan - views are sought 9 years, 8 months ago #8

• Hhs
  • Platinum Boarder
Rather than try to get the answer on this site attend the next open day and that way you will get the answers you want with out any personal bias then you can decide what to do

Re: Maidenhill master plan - views are sought 9 years, 8 months ago #9

• lasercow
  • Administrator
I have heard they are being very strict with placement requests from now on at St Ninians.

I went to this display, very professional, they couldn't answer my questions about secondary school places eg when I move to this new development and see the Catholic light, will my kids get into St Ninians? They could tell me all about the new primary school, but not about secondary places. All they could tell me that there would be enough places at St Ninians - because the Education Dept told them.

Those are interesting figures in the posts above. I see they plan to fill the spaces at Woodfarm - clearly I would welcome this, but not sure where the extra bums will come from, as they have slashed the potential local intake. I can't see them allocating the new developments up the road to Woodfarm, given they would have to pass Eastwood. So I would take these with a pinch of salt.

Re: Maidenhill master plan - views are sought 9 years, 8 months ago #10

• Sax
  • Platinum Boarder
@Lasercow you are kidding me, you asked a question of ERC at the open day and did not get an anwer, well I never

Re: Maidenhill master plan - views are sought 9 years, 8 months ago #11

• Concerned ERC Parent
It's a waste of time going on this topic anyway. As Lasercow says they can't answer the questions.

St Ninian's is 106% capacity. It has a lot of placing requests already there that cannot be removed. If there's space they need to accept them. Going forward they can be stricter and have to be since there's a new feeder coming.

Can they answer questions like, how many streams will all the feeders have factoring in the new school, portacabins at St Cadoc's and Robslee building. Does it add up to more than 10?

What is the catchment area for the new denom primary and how does it effect the catchment areas of the existing schools?

What are the plans if pupils move to the new builds that are stage S2-S4?

Given the space, are the catchment areas going to change for the non-denom Secondary schools?

No, as Lasercow says they will get a bit flustered and say the Ed dept says everyone will fit in. Have we heard this before?

Re: Maidenhill master plan - views are sought 9 years, 7 months ago #12

• dourdan
After Thursday's open day and many questions in the main answered very well for now, and the fact that we will be forced to accommodate a considerable sized building plan in East Ren anyway, its my opinion that Maidenhill master plan is the only sensible plan where that size of expansion can be accommodated, minimizing the daily disruption to the heavily populated and established parts of Newton Mearns while building work is ongoing, developing that part of Newton Mearns means new infrastructure, services, schooling etc. facilitating the increasing need and not overstretching the existing infrastructure and services, allowing our Council to oversee this development and make sure on our behalf the builders do exactly as agreed is the best way forward...
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds