Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New Westminster Boundary
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Westminster Boundary

New Westminster Boundary 7 years, 6 months ago #1

• thecon
The Eastwood part of East Ren will now be joined with half of the Kilmarnock & Louden seat to form Cunningham East. The towns in the new constituency are Stewarton, Fenwick, Darvel, Newmills and Galston.

The Levern Valley wards are incorporated into the new Paisley seat.

Re: New Westminster Boundary 7 years, 5 months ago #2

• DJ2
thecon: This comes as surprising news to me. I thought that the boundary changes were confined to re-jigging the wards within the existing local authority areas.
Are you stating that as an eastward resident I will no longer be under East Renfrewshire Council?

I ask as I have not seen this raised elsewhere. Can you perhaps please guide me to a source of reference?

Thanks

Re: New Westminster Boundary 7 years, 5 months ago #3

• DJ2
Let me answer my own question having done a little research and 'phoned a friend'!
This is correct. It's down to the reduction in MP numbers from 660 to 600 and really only impacts on the election of MPs and who our MP represents.
Guess I'm guilty of keeping my eye too firmly on just the LA ball and not paying attention to the Westminster boundary changes.
So just to add to the confusion it seems we will have different ward boundaries for each of the following:-
Westminster elections
Holyrood elections
Council elections after the ward changes
Community councils vs council wards being different
and lastly Police beat areas and probably postcodes might no longer identify any of the above.
Have I missed anything?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds