TOPIC: Councillors Expenses - 2016 - 17

Re: Councillors Expenses - 2016 - 17 7 years, 2 months ago #133

• Michelle
The more I read the angrier I get.

Re: Councillors Expenses - 2016 - 17 7 years, 2 months ago #134

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
From a previous thread.

Kilbryde Hospice is located in Lanarkshire and some may question whether our councillors attending this event, paid for by the public, is indeed a recognised councillors activity.

However it appears that they thought that it was.

The FOI shows that Cllr Buchanan got a taxi from his house, stopped at 13 Stewart Street, (the registered home of Cllr Hay) and then attended at the Grand Central Hotel. Cost £18.

Cllr Montague got a taxi from her home to the hotel and back home again at 11.30pm Cost £29.

Both taxi fares were charged against the public purse.
Category: Public Forum
26 Jul 2015 16:01
Newsline
Re: Councilors expenses
Newsline had previously reported on a function that four councillors and their partners attended. Link to previous thread

Provost Alastair Carmichael stated that he wished to take a table at the Kilbride Hospice Autumn Ball on Friday, 24 October 2014

The minutes reflect a projected cost of £600 to the public purse.

Those that attended the function were-

Provost Carmichael and Mrs Carmichael
Councillor Buchanan and Mrs Buchanan
Councillor Green and Mr Green
Councillor Hay and Mrs Hay
Councillor Montague and Mr Friel

Again we are planning a glamorous evening with a fabulous line up of entertainment, auction and raffle prices.

24-10-2014 Kilbryde Hospice Autumn Ball – Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow

Arrival Champagne Reception: 6.30pm

​Feeva
Feeva - The show has rapidly become one of the top live acts all over the UK, Northern Ireland and even as far as Europe & Dubai.

Rockettes Pro-Dance Team
We had a fantastic time tonight performing our '70s-inspired 'Goldmember' routine at the Kilbryde Hospice Autumn Ball in the beautiful Grand Central Hotel!

Three course meal and bottles of wine on the tables.

Re: Councillors Expenses - 2016 - 17 7 years, 2 months ago #135

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
In my personal opinion this has to stop.

Councillors so openly using tax payers cash and those who do not, doing and more particularly saying nothing, is not acceptable.

Where is the CEO and her Deputy when all of this is going on, devoting their time to attempting to stop you, the public, from learning the truth about what is occurring day and daily at Bunker Eastwood.

Who in their right mind would claim, and never mind authorised Elaine Green to claim £9.45 to travel to a fashion show.........

I would never want an elected member to be out of pocket, however this is the amount she was paid as an allowance last year £20,002

Screenshot2017-02-1609.06.02.jpg

Re: Councillors Expenses - 2016 - 17 7 years, 2 months ago #136

• lgm
So, if I read this correctly, the chair of the committee and another member agreed to give themselves a jolly, paid for out of the public purse. It's like being the owner of land and being able to grant yourself planning permission. Conflict of interest.

Re: Councillors Expenses - 2016 - 17 7 years, 2 months ago #137

• Gerry
lgm wrote:
So, if I read this correctly, the chair of the committee and another member agreed to give themselves a jolly, paid for out of the public purse. It's like being the owner of land and being able to grant yourself planning permission. Conflict of interest.

You mean?

Provost Carmichael
Councillor Montague

Re: Councillors Expenses - 2016 - 17 7 years, 2 months ago #138

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Total costs (that we are aware of - approx)

Taxis to go anywhere

£458

Cost of the dancing

£3000

Cost of taxis to the dancing

£685

Who went to the dancing

McCaskill
Buchanan
Reilly
Hay
Carmichael