Username Password: Remember me

Current State of the Roads in East Renfrewshire
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Current State of the Roads in East Renfrewshire

Re: Current State of the Roads in East Renfrewshire 3 years, 2 months ago #79

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Subsequent Comments posted on Cllr MacDonald's facebook page -

- Same on Golf Rd.and Lothian Drive and most other roads plus all the sinking manholes

- It’s the same on Hillend Road and Glendoune Road. The stones are getting kicked up by the cars. Cheap patching of the potholes has caused this instead of repairing the roads properly.

- Should see the huge break up on Eastwoodmains Road just beyond the railway bridge and the other sinking manhole and accompanying break up of road surface.

- I agree, Hillend Road and Glendoune Road are a disgrace...

- It's about time something was done about Mearns Road. For the main road between Clarkston and Mearns It's appalling.

- also Benview Rd.

- seem to be prioritising painting double yellow lines everywhere over repairing awful state of roads!

- Vote with your feet all stop paying the Council Tax and see what happens . East Renfrewshire has the worst road surfaces in Scotland Shameful

- As a resident of this street I can confirm how awful it is...numerous times I've reported the pot holes outside my terrace and although they do get filled it's not long before another appears...I used to report just outside my house but then opted for giving multiple house numbers to cover all potholes! I've often commented that the whole street needs resurfaced. Orchy Dr and Gardens were resurfaced in Aug last year-seemed to take an eternity to do right enough...there certainly weren't workers there every day.

- We had what I thought was a perfectly fine surface. Received notices, it was stripped and resurfaced in a day. Maybe you should come live here.

- ERC have been a disgrace for years!!! Since in 2014 when they closed Robslee PS, a non denomination PS. Which they said at the time would cost too much to upgrade!!! This school was given to OLM PS and millions were spent on that!!! They are only interested in making money!!! Not spending, they are DEPLORABLE.

Re: Current State of the Roads in East Renfrewshire 2 years, 7 months ago #80

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
14/9/2021

Cllr David MacDonald has posted on their facebook page -

Cllr David Macdonald - An Independent voice for people.

4 hrs ·

Letter written to: Roads and Transportation Controller.
East Renfrewhire Council.

14/08/21 05:40am.

(* IMAGES TAKEN BY A LOCAL RESIDENT OF LOMONDSIDE GARDENS. )

----------

I draw your attention to the roadworks that have been undertaken along Mearns Road.

Residents are absolutely incensed with what they have been left with.

The work began and has now been left abandoned in such a state that I view it as a road and pedestrian safety hazard.

The quality of the work itself is so lacking below the standards expected, which in itself merits investigation and to be rectified to make it safe for residents to walk on pavements.

Beyond that, the manner in which equipment, plant material and building supplies have been dumped and scattered everywhere is just not acceptable.

Not only is it unsightly, which lacks any respect for residents, it is hazardous for those trying to navigate around it.

I would be grateful if members of your department could visit the area concerned, once again, and then have the entire area concerned tidied up and made good until these roadworks are resumed.

It is understood that Cllrs. Miller and Ireland have also made these requests but as of last night nothing has changed.

I have heard that there are supply line issues concerning materials and also the ability of labour to complete the job that is the cause of the delay.

Although, I don’t think it was acceptable to commence the works until materials were guaranteed.

But these issues do not absolve those responsible of their duties to keep the area of the works clear and in a tidy manner so residents don’t have to put up with such a hideous mess.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Kind regards,

David.

Cllr. David Macdonald (INDEPENDENT)
Ward 4
Clarkston, Netherlee & Williamwood (incl Busby and Stamperland)

Re: Current State of the Roads in East Renfrewshire 2 years, 7 months ago #81

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
20/9/2021

Cllr David Macdonald - An Independent voice for people.
22 mins ·

Letter from Roads Dept concerning unacceptable working practices on Mearns Rd.

-----------

Dear Councillor MacDonald,

Further to your email of 14 September and my reply of the same day, I can update you further on the works to Mearns Road as follows.

The Roads Service can confirm that the debris left between Lomondside Avenue and Mearns Road originated from the nearby Campsie Gardens resurfacing contract.

The contractor involved had no permission to do so.

He has been instructed to remove it and cease that method of working and we note that the action to remove the debris was progressing this afternoon.

The Mearns Road contractor was given permission to store kerbs at this location and the site will be inspected to ensure that this is adhered to.

You are correct to say that the method of working by the Mearns Road contractor is unacceptable, and to this end the company’s director and site agent were being contacted again today to remind them of their legal obligations in terms of health and safety, together with the impact this work has on the local residents.

They were also reminded of the need to make safe by erecting fencing and placing cones where necessary and to take cognisance of the fact that pedestrians and school children will be in close proximity.

The Roads Service can assure you that daily site visits will be made by Roads Service officers who will highlight immediately to the contractor any failings witnessed at that time.

Yours sincerely,

Customer Relations Officer
Environment Department

Re: Current State of the Roads in East Renfrewshire 2 years, 7 months ago #82

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
21/9/2021

Cllr David Macdonald - An Independent voice for people. is at Clarkston.
13 mins · Glasgow ·

This mess is the result of illegal dumping by a contractor working further up Lomondside Avenue and is not associated with the road works taking place on Mearns Road. That is a separate dog's breakfast that I am currently chasing up with the council roads department.

I am currently trying to get the name of the contractor who has created this mess and to get on the phone immediately with them demanding that it is removed before the council hit them with a fixed penalty for illegal dumping.

No more excuses need to be made by any party involved in this. I will name and shame the company and publish their contact details once I have them for you all to make your own "enquiries".

Re: Current State of the Roads in East Renfrewshire 2 years, 5 months ago #83

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
2/11/2021

Posted Clarkston Community Council facebook page -

Rebecca Nicholson
28 October at 14:27

Mearns Road:

ERC advise that the kerbing works should be completed by mid next week (w/c 1/11/21) and the surfacing works completed soon after.

As of Monday 1st November there will be 1 dedicated squad working on footway resurfacing with the option of utilising a second squad to speed the works up.

The carriageway works will commence on completion of the footway works and should take 25 days to complete.

The start date for the carriageway works will be supplied within the new revised programme due early next week - dates are subject to change due to operational reasons.

www.facebook.com/groups/2624418054268522/
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds