Every little step can lead to huge changes
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Every little step can lead to huge changes

Every little step can lead to huge changes 6 years, 11 months ago #1

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
Courtesy The Extra

The handrail will be welcomed by many elderly and infirm residents in Broom Park

image_2017-04-14.jpg

Re: Every little step can lead to huge changes 6 years, 11 months ago #2

• Lynda
  • Silver
Is there an election just round the corner Ian. If the council gets its way the rail will have to get binned, and another waste of money, when they build houses in Broom Park.

Re: Every little step can lead to huge changes 6 years, 11 months ago #3

• DJ2
Billy, no, Ian needs a handrail. If you remember when he chaired the Planning Committee and went on a site visit to what is now the Cala site behind Cheviot Drive, he ignored our warning and sank into the mud. Barbara Grant foolishly helped him out and two hours later they voted to give the site planning consent.
So handrails would obviously be something he'd have liked that day.

Anyway hopefully residents in ward 5 will realise Grant and MacAlpine have done nothing for their residents in fact I believe I could make a good argument that they have worked against the wishes, interests and needs of Ward 5 residents. Ian of course does not even live in the ward.

Anyone thinking of voting for these old Cllrs. should instead IMHO give their vote to the excellent Bev Brown who is standing as an independent against them, lives in the community and will work hard to represent residents who have been badly served by their ward Cllrs. with the exception of Jim Swift who too has been excellent in all my dealings with him.

Barbara who is almost old enough to be granted listed monument status is well past her sell by date and should be put out to pasture. As a CC Chairman, I received more direct complaints about her from residents than all the other Cllrs. put together.
So handrail for Ian and maybe a retirement prezzie of a zimmer frame for Babs as she approaches 80.

Re: Every little step can lead to huge changes 6 years, 11 months ago #4

• Hhs
  • Platinum Boarder
DAVID what have I told you about telling the truth , how do expect to be elected if you continue in this manner , are you not aware that being a counciler in Erc you must at all times only do things that promote yourself , tell the public one thing then vote for the opposite , so please try to be devious , cunning and at all times less than honest ,that way you may get elected , this telling the truth just won't cut it

Re: Every little step can lead to huge changes 6 years, 11 months ago #5

• DJ2
HHS, am so sorry. You're right it's no way to try to get elected. I'll try harder to be devious, to avoid answering questions, to spin things but it's so difficult to instinctively lie rather than tell the truth.
Thanks for the advice even when I disappoint.
Btw talking of the truth here's a report I put up yesterday on the hustings. Afraid I screwed that up too. You should have been there to give me a slap every time I ventured into truth telling. I even refer to the truth in the first para!
www.facebook.com/pg/ercchange/posts/?ref=page_internal
Depending on whether I post before you read it, it's currently the third post down.
How do you like my mascot, Super Cool Dude? At 4 he's got more sense than a lot of the present incumbents!

SCDeastermessage.jpg

Re: Every little step can lead to huge changes 6 years, 11 months ago #6

• DJ2
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds