Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Cllrs Valedictory Meeting 2017
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Cllrs Valedictory Meeting 2017

Re: Cllrs Valedictory Meeting 2017 6 years, 12 months ago #13

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
We will miss out Tony Buchanan wittering on about ERC being one of the top performing councils.......possibly in the universe.

Jim Fletcher thanking everyone in his 'short' speech (8 minutes), he even managed to thank the opposition for being a nice opposition.

Stewart Miller thanked his co councillors on the Licensing committee, Barbara Grant said something about being in politics for the same time as leader Fletcher and Charlie Gilbert thanked the education staff as every time he asked them a question, they answered him.

The rest were just more of the same, Tony wittering on about how the council is....yes you guessed it, one of the best performing and that just did not happen by chance and so on.

Re: Cllrs Valedictory Meeting 2017 6 years, 12 months ago #14

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Alistair Carmichael finished by telling everyone that he had worked above and beyond the call...........Yes HE said that about himself and he also provided an example.

Wait for it.....1st May he was out late that night.

(Watch the very short video)
eastrenfrewshire.public-i.tv/core/portal...t_interactive/282897
Scroll the slide bar to approximately 41 minutes 10 seconds

Re: Cllrs Valedictory Meeting 2017 6 years, 12 months ago #15

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
We would like to close with a short clip that to us epitomises the hypocrisy of those who have 'worked for us' over the past five years, and in many cases 10 years.

Jim Swift wanted to add a few words of advice for those coming in after this election, as the others had done, but they were self praising.

Jim Swift delivered as Jim Swift does and he was heckled by a female, unfortunately, as usual the microphone was not activated which also meant no camera on the heckler.

From the look of Jim Swift and direction it was either Mary Montague or Betty Cunningham, both have previous for these kind of interruptions.

As usual Alistair just laughed, but you can bet if it was the opposition that shouted he would have taken them to task.

Watch the short video as Jim Swift makes perfect sense.

He tells the future council to 'listen'.

When each of the others finished speaking everyone clapped.

When Jim Swift finished they all remained silent, including the CEO and all her staff.

(Watch the video)
youtu.be/ba4b-OEqk9A

Re: Cllrs Valedictory Meeting 2017 6 years, 12 months ago #16

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
These are my personal views and in no way reflect opinions of ERNHW Ltd

As many of you will know I have watched this council and the councillors closely over the past ten years.

I have to say that the councillors comments and actions during this valedictory meeting simply reinforces my opinion of them.

There are 20 of them and in my personal opinion there are only 2 that are worth re electing (Ralph Robertson and Jim Swift). In my opinion the remainder that are standing again should be rejected.

Irrespective whether you wish to vote for a 'party' representative or an individual in my opinion your 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th votes should only go to someone who has never been a councillor previously.

That leaves 15 current councillors who want to be re elected. (Plus Robertson / Swift 17) (3 standing down out of the 20 current)

One independent, Conservative, Labour, SNP.

There are a total of 45 people standing for election, a vote for 15 newcomers, irrespective of party or none would give East Renfrewshire an opportunity to loose the old baggage and move forwards.

Our current councillors have no super powers or minds, they are just like you and me, indeed in my opinion a number are not even as capable as you and me.

Tom Taylor
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds