Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Eastwood Park Leisure Centre
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Eastwood Park Leisure Centre

Re: Eastwood Park Leisure Centre 5 years, 5 months ago #223

This is the official ERC position.
However we must ask why then we were contacted in the summer of 2017 by an ERC employee who told us categorically, Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Eastwood Park Leisure Centre 5 years, 5 months ago #224

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: Eastwood Park Leisure Centre 5 years, 5 months ago #225

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
The T&T report was not complete -

---Original message----
From : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Date : 31/10/2018 - 11:49 (GMT)
Subject : RE: Council Meeting 31/10/2018 - Papers

The report with the information at Sections 5.3 and 5.4 is now online.

Kind Regards
Eamonn Daly
Democratic Services Manager
Department of Corporate and Community Services

----Original message----
From : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Date : 31/10/2018 - 09:32 (GMT)
Subject : RE: Council Meeting 31/10/2018 - Papers

As the report is from the Director of Environment I have forwarded your enquiry to him.

Kind Regards
Eamonn Daly
Democratic Services Manager
Department of Corporate and Community Services

Sent: 30 October 2018 20:22
To: Daly, Eamonn
Subject: Re: Council Meeting 31/10/2018 - Papers

Hi Eamonn

The Appendices would now appear to be available, but........

this information as indicated below 'INFORMATION TO COME FROM ERC FINANCE DEPT' is still not available.

When will it be made available?

Thanks

----Original message----
Date : 28/10/2018 - 10:46 (GMT)
To : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Subject : Council Meeting 31/10/2018 - Papers

Hi
I refer to Turner & Townsend (T&T) report accessed from link in ERC report.

I cannot see any appendices.

Also in report -

5.3 Impact on Balance Sheet

INFORMATION TO COME FROM ERC FINANCE DEPT

5.4 Impact on Income and Expenditure Account

The revenue costs and impact of the new build Eastwood Leisure Facility...

INFORMATION TO COME FROM ERC FINANCE DEPT

Why is this information not provided?

Thanks

Re: Eastwood Park Leisure Centre 5 years, 4 months ago #226

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Will ERCLT Chief Executive Anthony McReavy be issuing a new statement after last nights council meeting regarding the Eastwood Park option?

What will he like to encourage residents to do now?

Previous statement on ERCLT Web Site -

The future of leisure in Eastwood

In response to the public consultation on the future of culture and leisure in Eastwood Park, Anthony McReavy, our Chief Executive, said:

"We need to have culture and leisure facilities that meet the needs of our community for the future. Our facilities must reflect the increasing demand for health and fitness, including a larger gym and space to offer fitness and spin classes and sports activities. We also need a theatre, outdoor sports facilities, arts and community spaces and cafe.

"Therefore, we strongly support Option 4 - a new state-of-the-art culture and leisure facility on a different site within the Eastwood area. This is the only option which would allow us to gain a specifically designed culture and leisure centre which can provide all these required facilities.

"Our preferred option would also avoid any disruption for our customers. Any other choice would require the current facility be closed for significant periods for maintenance or refurbishment and involve significant constraints at Eastwood Park.

"All our neighbouring local authorities have had new facilities in recent years; I believe the people of Eastwood deserve a new culture and leisure centre.

"I would like to encourage residents and our valued customers to take part in the survey and 'have your say'."

You can read the full statement here -

www.ercultureandleisure.org/article/9595...-leisure-in-Eastwood

Re: Eastwood Park Leisure Centre 5 years, 3 months ago #227

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
FOI Request Ref: 101001887424 - Master Planning of Eastwood Park & the feasibility of a new build leisure centre within Eastwood Park

Hi

Director of Environment

Master Planning of Eastwood Park & the feasibility of a new build leisure centre within Eastwood Park

This Freedom of Information(FoI) request refers to -

At the Full Council Meeting on 31 October 2018 regarding Agenda Item 15 Report by Director of Environment LEISURE CENTRE UPDATE

The recommendation was accepted that

'(C) That the Director of Environment will now undertake the master planning of Eastwood Park and this will specifically explore the feasibility of a new build

leisure centre within Eastwood Park based upon the latest information on Council property options for schools and office accommodation'

Please give details of the progress so far.

Please provide copies of all recorded information regarding this master planning.

Please provide copies of all recorded information regarding the instruction to 'specifically explore the feasibility of a new build leisure centre within Eastwood Park'.

Please provide copies of all recorded information regarding the tender for this work.

Please provide copies of all recorded information regarding the proposal to go to tenders for this work.

Please provide copies of all recorded information for the cost of this work.

This should include all recorded information by email/letter/report/notes etc both to and from below and between below -

East Renfrewshire Council (ERC) Councillors,

ERC Staff/Officials,

ERC Director for Environment
All Tenders and Third Party companies.

East Renfrewshire Culture & Leisure Trust(ERCLT) Board Members

ERCLT Staff/Officials,

ERCLT Chief Executive Officer(CEO),

I request all recorded information both to and from above and between above.

Electronic copies are acceptable to me.

Thanks

Re: Eastwood Park Leisure Centre 5 years, 2 months ago #228

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Published Barrhead News On Line -

7 January 2018

By John McNee

Leisure centre consultation sparks war of words in council chambers

The leader of East Renfrewshire Council has vigorously defended a controversial consultation which showed a majority of Eastwood residents in favour of building a leisure centre at Shawwood Park.

Since its publication in September, the council’s survey has been heavily criticised by those opposed to the building of a new centre on greenbelt land, including East Renfrewshire MP Paul Masterton and Eastwood MSP Jackson Carlaw.

At last month’s meeting of the full council, Conservative councillor Jim Swift branded the consultation “quite blatantly biased.”

He asked: “Can the leader of the council please advise why the council constructed a biased consultation?”

However, council leader Tony Buchanan said he did not believe the consultation was biased.

Cllr Swift then asked: “Does Councillor Buchanan agree with me that we need to restore faith in this council and that we should consider whether we have the right people at the head of this council?

“I mean both the leader of the council and the chief executive.”

Cllr Buchanan replied: “Your comments are, quite frankly, atrocious in terms of the points you seem to be trying to make, simply because you didn’t like the outcome of a consultation which quite clearly was not biased nor flawed.

“I find your comments absolutely deplorable in relation to the staff who serve us particularly well.”

Cllr Swift went on to ask the council leader about the methodology used in the survey.

He asked: “What concerns does the leader have with the report that was provided by Turner and Townsend?”

Cllr Buchanan said he had no concerns.

The meeting coincided with a peaceful protest at the council’s headquarters, organised by the Save Shawwood Greenspace campaign and attended by more than 150 people.

The council’s six-week public consultation, undertaken by Turner & Townsend, showed 54 per cent of residents in favour of building a replacement centre on a new site, with Shawwood Park and Broomburn Park the preferred options.

Council chiefs have repeatedly stressed that no decision has been taken regarding the location of a new leisure centre.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds