TOPIC: Full Council Meeting - 13th September 2017

Full Council Meeting - 13th September 2017 6 years, 6 months ago #1

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
There is one motion for discussion at the full council meeting at 7p

Re: Full Council Meeting - 19th September 2017 6 years, 6 months ago #2

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
We also noticed the typo, and it is not ours, somehow the proof reader has missed it, QANGO.

We presume this should be QUANGO.

Re: Full Council Meeting - 19th September 2017 6 years, 6 months ago #3

• Geddes
What a stupid political point scoring motion to put before a local council meeting. Right up there with last years discussion on independence.

I am all for local schools being supported locally with a minimum of government interference but IF Holyrood takes some of that control then there will be NOTHING ERC can do about it so 'do what is necessary' is ludicrous , what will ERC do? Declare independence?

This is nothing more than an excuse to have a ding dong in a council chamber that belongs in the Holyrood debating chamber. There are multiple local issues needing debated instead of this claptrap

Re: Full Council Meeting - 13th September 2017 6 years, 6 months ago #4

• Jim
  • Fresh Boarder
Totally agree this has nothing to do with ERC and the torys know it, what do they think is going to happen. This is a Holyrood matter. Dont get me wrong I want to see the opposition take the administration to task, but on local issues. Not grandstanding, Hold them to task and highlight their failings, not those supposed to be of Holyrood's doing. There are lots of local matters that require sorting out, what a waste of everybodys time and energy.

Re: Full Council Meeting - 13th September 2017 6 years, 6 months ago #5

• Geddes
Jim wrote:
Totally agree this has nothing to do with ERC and the torys know it, what do they think is going to happen. This is a Holyrood matter. Dont get me wrong I want to see the opposition take the administration to task, but on local issues. Not grandstanding, Hold them to task and highlight their failings, not those supposed to be of Holyrood's doing. There are lots of local matters that require sorting out, what a waste of everybodys time and energy.

Precisely! Why no motion about Broom Park which Jim Swift makes so much noise about? Eastwood swimming pool? Sewers and drainage? Roads ? All motions which the Tories could bring to the chamber if they CHOSE to.
I can envisage Cllr Swift practising in front of the mirror all his sneering , condescending remarks for this motion while his nodding dog compatriots snigger and tell him how clever he is. Opposition? Don't make me laugh! They couldn't hold a fish supper to account!

Re: Full Council Meeting - 13th September 2017 6 years, 6 months ago #6

• Sandra
  • Senior Boarder
I hope we are not going to get this every council meeting from now on. It was bad enough when the Tories never challenged Labour / SNP for bad decisions, are we now going to hear nothing but the so called failing of the Scottish Government and will they include Westminster or will they be immune.
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds