(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Snow Problem

Snow Problem 6 years, 2 months ago #1

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd

Re: Snow Problem 6 years, 2 months ago #2

• lasercow
  • Administrator
SO essentially if it wasn't for Cllr McDonald dealing with a roads issue, Clarkston would have been brought to a complete standstill.

I'm sure the gritters must be out somewhere, but I haven't seen one past our house, which is a gritting route.

To be fair to ERC, the snow had only been forecast for a week. Heads up ERC, more is on the way!

Re: Snow Problem 6 years, 2 months ago #3

• lasercow
  • Administrator
Could we clone Cllr McDonald and make a few copies? 10 would be enough.

Re: Snow Problem 6 years, 2 months ago #4

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Was at Eastwood Gym Thursday morning 8.00am. Car Park and pavements from main road in were sheet ice, treacherous, very dangerous and near impossible to walk on. Car Park and pavements had not been gritted and/or salted.

Left Gym about 9:45, no change. Went into Council HQ to report this.

Have now been sent this -

From : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Date : 18/01/2018
Subject : Eastwood Park Campus

I refer to your communication with the Council earlier today on the matter of gritting the public walkways in and around Eastwood Park Campus.

The gritting schedule which is currently in place in the Campus relates to roadways and car parks.

When temperatures are forecast to be zero degrees gritting takes place between the hours of 4.00-07.45.

There is no schedule for gritting walkways however I have asked colleagues to arrange gritting of the walkway from Eastwood Toll into the park today and I am awaiting confirmation of the position.

Regards
Jim Sneddon

East Renfrewshire Council
Head of Democratic & Partnership Services
Corporate and Community Services Department
Council Headquarters
Eastwood Park
Rouken Glen Road
Giffnock
East Renfrewshire
G46 6UG
Tel. 0141 577 3744

Re: Snow Problem 6 years, 2 months ago #5

• Sax
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep this up and you will get citizen of the year.

Re: Snow Problem 6 years, 2 months ago #6

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
At Eastwood Park Gym 9:00 this morning(Saturday).

Condition of Roads, Car Parks and Pavements are actually worse !

Have contacted Local Cllrs MacDonald, Miller, Ireland and Lafferty and asked if they can get the area salted/gritted asap.

Have also contacted Cllr Lafferty in his role as Convener of Environment.

Have also emailed Jim Sneddon(although I know it is Saturday)- but as you know they monitor this site so maybe he will read this and take some action!

Date : 20/01/2018 - 11:20 (GMTST)
To : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Subject : Eastwood Park Campus - Please take action - Conditions worse

Hi Alan

Please see emails below.

As Councillor -

I would appreciate if you could contact someone to have this area salted/gritted asap.

As Convener for Environment -

I would appreciate if you could contact someone to have this area salted/gritted asap.

Thanks

Date : 20/01/2018 - 11:15 (GMTST)
To : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Subject : Re: Eastwood Park Campus - Please take action - Conditions worse

Hi

At Eastwood Park Gym this morning(Saturday) 9.00 and conditions are worse.

This time the roads were also sheet ice, in addition to the pavements and car parks.

The main car park was completely black ice and sheet ice and in my opinion it was treacherous, very dangerous and virtually impossible to walk on.

It would appear some snow had been cleared from the car park, but as no grit/salt had been applied this had only made the conditions worse by exposing the black ice and sheet ice.

I could see no evidence of any salt/grit being applied to pavements and no improvement since reporting this on Thursday.

Left Gym about 10:45, no change.

Please treat this with some urgency and have the area salted/gritted.

Thanks

Date : 19/01/2018 - 16:17 (GMTST)
Subject : Re: Eastwood Park Campus

Hi

' I am awaiting confirmation of the position.'

What confirmation did you receive?

Thanks

From : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Date : 18/01/2018 - 13:44 (GMTST)
Subject : Eastwood Park Campus

I refer to your communication with the Council earlier today on the matter of gritting the public walkways in and around Eastwood Park Campus.

The gritting schedule which is currently in place in the Campus relates to roadways and car parks.

When temperatures are forecast to be zero degrees gritting takes place between the hours of 4.00-07.45.

There is no schedule for gritting walkways however I have asked colleagues to arrange gritting of the walkway from Eastwood Toll into the park today and I am awaiting confirmation of the position.

Regards
Jim Sneddon
East Renfrewshire Council
Head of Democratic & Partnership Services
Corporate and Community Services Department
Council Headquarters
Eastwood Park
Rouken Glen Road
Giffnock
East Renfrewshire
G46 6UG
Tel. 0141 577 3744

Was at Eastwood Gym Thursday morning 8.00am. Car Park and pavements from main road in were sheet ice, treacherous, very dangerous and near impossible to walk on. Car Park and pavements had not been gritted and/or salted.

Left Gym about 9:45, no change. Went into Council HQ to report this.
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds