Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Council Meetings
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Council Meetings

Re: Council Meetings 5 years, 7 months ago #43

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
But............we are already paying for 30 hours per annum, and not using anywhere near this. There is no reason not to Webcast committee meetings....

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 10:49 PM David Macdonald wrote:

I was part or a working group looking into review into the standing orders and we discussed the possibility of replacing the system with a Facebook Live broadcast on the ERC webpage.

As it stands right now, the Provost is not in favour of broadcasting other committees as he believes there to be not enough demand for such an addition.

I will keep pushing for increased access and transparency.

I will be making enquiries with Communications about this.

Kind regards,

David.

Re: Council Meetings 5 years, 7 months ago #44

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
[name]

It would seem that he has an FOI that advises about the costs being fixed, but does not consider the human resource implications.

It would be helpful I am sure if you advised about those costs and any other costs that make webcasting an expense.

Sincerely,
Jim

Re: Council Meetings 5 years, 7 months ago #45

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: Council Meetings 5 years, 7 months ago #46

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
----Original message----
From : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Date : 27/09/2018 - 19:22 (GMTST)
To : ........., This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it , This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it , This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it , This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it , This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it , This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Subject : Re: Audit & Scrutiny Committee Meeting 27 September 2018 - Webcasting

As promised, in my Chair's report at the beginning of the meeting, I asked the members of the committee if they had any demand for extending the Web casting of council committees and if so, could they let me know and I would forward these requests to council officers. As yet, no, one has intimated any demand from residents.

In addition, I have asked a considerable number of local residents, well over 100, if they thought we should extend Web casting of council committee meetings and not one single person said they would like to see more.

Personally, I don't have a problem in Web casting more but I cannot justify the extra expense of asking the council for extra resources to cover staff costs as we would probably have to make cuts elsewhere to pay

Kind regards

Stewart

-------- Original message --------
Date:27/09/2018 14:55 (GMT+00:00)
To: "Grant, B (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >, "Swift, Jim (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >, "McLean, J (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >, "Ireland, A (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >, "Miller, Stewart (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >, "Fletcher, J (Provost)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >, "Gilbert, C (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Subject: Re: Audit & Scrutiny Committee Meeting 27 September 2018 - Webcasting

Hi Stewart(or any committee member)

Due to family commitment I am unable to attend meeting, hence my request for webcast.

Would appreciate if you could give me update on your previous commitment - ' .........I will raise question 2 at the meeting '

Thanks

Re: Council Meetings 5 years, 6 months ago #47

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: Council Meetings 5 years, 6 months ago #48

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
Don't you just love spin and smoke and mirrors.

We have been commenting for years that the council should add in officers time on projects that we feel are ill judged etc.

The answer has always been - we do not calculate officers time or add it into projects.

Yet now all of a sudden an officers time is oh so important.

Why has Grumpy Miller not commented on the fact that his statement "that to web cast committees would require an additional TWO officers", was wrong.

Mr Daly says it will only take ONE, yet Grumpy says he asked Mr Daly and he claims he was told it was TWO.
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds