Username Password: Remember me

Charlatans at work?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Charlatans at work?

Re: Council Meeting 12 Sept 2018 5 years, 7 months ago #7

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Cllr Macdonald issued a statement -

My view is that the Provost behaved in a disgraceful manner last night attempting to shut down the debate on numerous occasions.

He continues to behave like he is still the leader of this council and not an impartial umpire very often answering questions that are put to our current leader.

It's almost some sort of delaying tactic employed to allow the Cllr. Buchanan to quickly think of an answer or for the Provost to lay a clear signal as to how the leader should answer a question.

I felt he took every opportunity to harass myself and other non-administration councillors while giving our contributions to the debate but isn't it telling that he allowed his administration colleague Cllr. Lafferty an unfettered platform to give a lengthy statement and then on top of that congratulated him at the end of it.

The voters see this imbalance and they are not happy with it.

The Provost very often tries to hurry agenda items through rather than allow elected members to speak for as long as they see fit. On top of that, if an elected member has already spoken they are not allowed to contribute further. What kind of "ample opportunity" is that in a debate?

Do voters expect us to work as long as the job takes or to be home for whatever is on TV at 8pm?

I will happily see if I can arrange him a "late pass" before the next meeting.

Re: Council Meeting 12 Sept 2018 5 years, 7 months ago #8

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Newsline has reported on this previously and once again Supreme Leader James Fletcher appears to be unable to release the reins of control.

He answers every question that is either directed or intended for the alleged Leader of the Council Anthony Buchanan.

Even when Supreme Leader Fletcher asks the alleged leader if he wishes to speak, the alleged leader declines the offer.

Instead of being an impartial chair, each and every meeting is the 'Fletcher Show'.

Re: Council Meeting 12 Sept 2018 5 years, 7 months ago #9

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Next up we have the 'Queen of Fairies' as she is apparently being described by many residents.

Cllr Annette Ireland

oop.jpg

Re: Charlatans at work? 5 years, 7 months ago #10

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Apparently according to the fragrant Annette Ireland she wants to see improvements to pitches in ward 4.

She was responding to a paper where the East Renfrewshire strategy for pitches was asked to be noted by elected members.

However she took the opportunity to say that in Netherlee there were molehills all over.

Wanted something done about Overlee (apparently she was unaware that this was well underway and required to be informed by another member)

And wanted something done about Newford Grove.

Even Provost Fletcher picked up on her rant and said "Are you only interested in ward 4".

The apparently shocked Ms Ireland replied 'yes'

Re: Charlatans at work? 5 years, 7 months ago #11

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Next up she has yet another go at Cllr David Macdonald.

On this occasion she quotes some spurious figures regarding the leisure center consultation and claims that in response to Cllr Macdonald's claim that he had spoken to residents and they did not wish a new build, she states that he could not have spoken to very many.

She then quotes alleged figures for respondents from Williamwood, Clarkston and Netherlee.

Then she makes the most outrageous statement ever.

"Cllr Macdonald should be looking after his own constituents"

Cllr Macdonalds constituents reside in Netherlee, Staperland, Williamwood, Clarkston and Busby.

Exactly the same ward as Ms Ireland allegedly represents.

Re: Charlatans at work? 5 years, 7 months ago #12

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Next she starts shouting across the chamber and interrupting Councillor Swift whilst he is in full flow delivering his views to the council.

Was it something important, well she did not switch on her microphone but we can say that she was shouting about figures concerning the consultation.

This earned a PUBLIC WARNING from the Provost to go through the chair if she wishes to speak.
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds