ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Example 2 - Why Committee Meetings should be made available via Webcast and/or Social Media etc and be Archived
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Example 2 - Why Committee Meetings should be made available via Webcast and/or Social Media etc and be Archived

Re: Example 2 - Why Committee Meetings should be made available via Webcast and/or Social Media etc and be Archived 5 years, 3 months ago #13

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
----Original message----
From : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Date : 26/11/2018 - 17:17 (GMT)
Subject : RE: RE: RE: RE: AUDIT AND SCRUTINY COMMITTEE 22 November 2018 - Agenda Item 6

I have no real issues with most of the items.

As you know I also have an issue with the C&LT and its finances and its unwillingness to publish minutes in detail or in a timely fashion and I raised that and the financial gap and how they were going to close it.

I have lots of issues with the rationalisation of our estate and have had for years, but I have been banging on about it for years, so I can’t complain that at last they propose to be doing something about it and didn’t.

What they are proposing may make sense.

I will see when I have more detail.

The children’s mental health issue I have spoken at length about elsewhere, but I am pleased we have some genuine innovation locally and it is a real problem.

As you know I asked about Andy Cahill coming to speak on the subject of the leisure centre consultation and our use of consultants.

We have extended an invitation.

Best,
Jim

Re: Example 2 - Why Committee Meetings should be made available via Webcast and/or Social Media etc and be Archived 5 years, 3 months ago #14

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
The original email and questions as sent to Cllr Miller above were also sent to Councillors -

Jim Mclean
Barbara Grant
Charlie Gilbert
Jim Fletcher

They did not reply.

Is it not a bit of a worry that the Chair of the Audit and Scrutiny committee cannot recall , in general, what questions they asked or what points they made, at the meeting and cannot answer questions until they have seen the minutes?

Is it not a bit of a worry that the members of the Committee also have to read the minutes to answer questions of what actually went on?

If the meeting had been made available via Webcast and/or Social Media etc and been Archived -

You could have viewed exactly what went on and what was discussed !

You could have made up your own mind !

You can read the relevant minutes here -

www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=23602&p=0
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds