Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Community Councils - Update
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Community Councils - Update

Re: Community Councils - Update 4 years, 11 months ago #13

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
This email was sent to all ER CC's on the 23rd March 2019 and we are hopeful of responses soon.

Good evening Community Councilors,

My name is Tom Taylor and I am the editor of an East Renfrewshire on line news forum.

I intend to write an article in relation to East Renfrewshire Community Councils.

I hope to commence this article on or around the 23rd April 2019.

I am aware that this current term of CC's are coming to an end and elections are planned for the late summer.

As such I am aware that the majority of CC's will require to replace their chairs.

However I am keen to explore what each CC sees as their positive impacts over the past years in what you consider you have achieved.

What impact has the new scheme had on CC's, how have you found the relationship with the council and elected members.

I would hope to reproduce all replies on or around the date I have set.

Kind Regards

Re: Community Councils - Update 4 years, 10 months ago #14

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Crookfur, Greenfarm & Mearns Village Community Council

Our cc was instrumental in getting pedestrian crossings installed on Barrhead Road,Crookfur road at Aldi/Greenlaw Village and in Greenlaw Village at Tesco.

We would like the speed limit throughout Newton Mearns to be 20/25mph.

Our cc has held two well attended Easter Fayres.

However our CC simply does not have sufficient members to fully engage with every issue within our area, although we generally can solve minor issues.

With regard to ERC staff ,they are very courteous and respond well to our requests over minor concerns.

On the other hand, with the exception of Councillors Gilbert and Buchanan councillors rarely if ever attend our meetings despite numerous requests.

Only high profile issues ,which are generally of their own making ,ever attract their attention.

As a result of this apathy we have very poor public attendance at our meetings.

The new scheme for community councils did not present any concern to us.

In our opinion the previous community council which represented all of Newton Mearns should be reinstated as the split has served no purpose and diluted what little influence community councils previously had.

We hope that the next election will attract more candidates and greater interest from the community.

Bryson McNeil
Vice Chair

Re: Community Councils - Update 4 years, 10 months ago #15

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Mr McNeil is a Senior Community Councillor having served his community for some 10 years.

He has to be applauded for, what in our opinion is a very truthful and accurate picture.

Re: Community Councils - Update 4 years, 10 months ago #16

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Now onto the responses, or lack of from the other CC's.

Barrhead Community Council did not respond and given the open and read receipt that was received recently from one we sent previously to the Secretary of that CC, we are not surprised.

This is not a spoof, it is totally accurate.

Look at the year we sent the email and look at the year the Secretary first opened it.
InkedScreenshot2019-06-0117.26.31_LI.jpg

Re: Community Councils - Update 4 years, 10 months ago #17

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Neilston CC - No response

Uplawmoor - No response

Re: Community Councils - Update 4 years, 10 months ago #18

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Busby CC

Sent the request on 23/3/19

A follow up on 30/4/19

and replied on 19/5/19

Good Evening Mr Taylor,
Please accept our apologies for not responding sooner however after discussion the CC has decided that they would not be interested in the forum but wish you every success with your venture.
E. Baxter
Busby CC
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds