Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Cllr David Macdonald - I have joined the Liberal Democrats
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cllr David Macdonald - I have joined the Liberal Democrats

Cllr David Macdonald - I have joined the Liberal Democrats 3 months, 1 week ago #1

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Cllr David Macdonald for East Renfrewshire has posted on their facebook page -

22 hrs ·

ANNOUNCEMENT

I have joined the Liberal Democrats and have now changed from sitting as an Independent to sitting as a Liberal Democrat councillor within East Renfrewshire Council.

The Liberal Democrats are a party that have a proud history of supporting liberalism and social democracy, championing civil liberties, supporting LGBTQI rights, calling for constitutional reform, promoting proportional representation and supporting internationalism. They are the political party that best match my own beliefs and values and I believe now is the perfect time to have become a member of the party and to do all I can to support the party's success at all levels now and in the future both here in East Renfrewshire and throughout the country.

This was a very easy decision for me to make. After stepping back from my own lead candidacy with Change UK and endorsing the Liberal Democrats during the European elections it became clear to me, very quickly, that this next step forward would be a very meaningful and positive one for both myself and the party.

I was elected as an individual with no party. I am still that same individual but now with the addition of being a member of a political party.
I am still fully committed to dealing with local issues only within the council chamber and would emphasise that if my new party is not one you would normally support on national issues, please be assured that I will always do my best to represent each and every one of my constituents to the best of my ability.

I would actively encourage anyone, who has been thinking about joining the Liberal Democrats, to step forward and become part of something really exciting, dynamic and positive. Locally, here in East Renfrewshire, we need to build our membership and are always seeking volunteers to actively campaign for the party.

If you wish to contact me directly about discussing becoming a member then I would be happy to discuss with you personally. The Liberal Democrats are THE party of the centre ground of British politics. If that is the politics you most closely identify with then please be part of what comes next.

Join us!

www.libdems.org.uk/joining-us

Cllr. David Macdonald
Scottish Liberal Democrats
East Renfrewshire Council.
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds