ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

School? Faciliies available for public use - open all day and night for public use
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: School? Faciliies available for public use - open all day and night for public use

School? Faciliies available for public use - open all day and night for public use 4 years, 9 months ago #1

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
------ Original Message ------
To: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: Monday, 17 Jun, 2019 At 16:40
Subject: School? Faciliies available for public use - open all day and night for public use

Hi

I refer to the below posts on the ERC facebook page.

You say Eastwood and Williamwood are not managed by the Council - They are managed by East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure Trust.

Can you say how the facilities( Barrhead, Woodfarm and Mearns Castle High Schools, and any others) apart from Eastwood and Williamwood are managed -

Who by, how and who pays the cost?

Can you say -

How East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure Trust manage Eastwood and Williamwood?

Who pays for this management?

and

at what cost?

Thanks

From ERC facebook page -

East Renfrewshire Council
11 June at 22:59 ·

Get your football fix in East Ren this summer

Our fantastic all weather pitches at Barrhead, Woodfarm and Mearns Castle High Schools, outwith existing bookings, will be open all day and night for public use The fun kicks off on Friday 14 June

Post - Great news. Will Eastwood not be included in this?

East Renfrewshire Council Hi Claire - unfortunately Eastwood won't be included at this stage as it isn't managed by the Council. Thanks.

East Renfrewshire Council It is managed by the East Ren Culture and Leisure Trust. Thanks.

Post - Will the running tracks be made available for free use as well?

East Renfrewshire Council - Yes they will be
East Renfrewshire Council - yes, the running tracks will be available to use as well. Thanks.

Post - East Renfrewshire Council excellent!

Post - Would be great if Williamwood was also open for public use. Instead of access being blocked off every school holiday.
East Renfrewshire Council Unfortunately this one isn't included because it isn't managed by the Council.

Reply from ERCLT -

ERCLT Business Support < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
20/06/2019 09:41

I refer to your enquiry of 17th June forwarded to me via ERC Customer Services.

East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure Trust is responsible for managing and administering out-of-hours usage of all East Renfrewshire Schools on behalf of the Council, as part of our agreement with the Council.

The costs of this are borne by the Trust. Details of the costs of booking schools can be found on our website.

However, the social media thread you refer to relates to outdoor sports facilities (pitches, running tracks) at schools.

Sports pitches in East Renfrewshire are managed by the Environment Department of the Council with the sole exception of Eastwood High School, where Eastwood High School Sports Centre, managed by the Leisure Trust out with school hours, includes the pitch and running track. (Throughout the summer this is the location of the Summer Holiday Programme during the day, and is used by hirers and groups during the evenings.)

I do not know why the correspondent suggests Williamwood is managed by the Leisure Trust as this is not the case.

I now regard this matter closed.

Iain Stewart
Support Services Manager
East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure Limited
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds