ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Consultation only for Barrhead Greenspaces ?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Consultation only for Barrhead Greenspaces ?

Consultation only for Barrhead Greenspaces ? 4 years, 9 months ago #1

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Published The Extra On Line -

Kevin McRoberts
Email
Published: 15:04 Wednesday 19 June 2019

East Renfrewshire Council is consulting on future developments at Cowan Park.

Have your say on the future of Barrhead’s Cowan Park

The local community is being invited to give their views on improvements to Barrhead’s Cowan Park.

East Renfrewshire Council is working in partnership with the community to plan future developments to further improve Cowan Park and has launched an online survey for local residents to have their say.

A steering group has been looking at future improvements.

A community engagement steering group was established earlier this year with representatives from local student groups, teachers, sports teams and community groups to ensure that the public is involved in every step of the process.

Environment Convener, Councillor Alan Lafferty, said: “Barrhead’s Cowan Park is a wonderful asset and has vast potential as a hub for the community and visitors, so it is hugely important that future plans for the park have the backing of local residents and stakeholders.

I would encourage everyone to complete our survey to ensure their voice is heard.”

The survey can be found here

getinvolved.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/corp...vices/cowan-park2019

This survey can be provided to you in other languages and in alternative formats such as large print or braille.

For further information, please contact Customer First on 0141 577 3001 or email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Re: Consultation only for Barrhead Greenspaces ? 4 years, 9 months ago #2

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Published The Extra On Line -

Kevin McRoberts
Email
Published: 20:23 Saturday 15 June 2019

Plans to improve Dunterlie play area

Improvements will be carried out around Dunterlie Community Centre.

East Renfrewshire Council has announced plans to improve the play and recreation areas around Dunterlie Community Centre and the community will be asked to get involved in shaping plans in the coming months.

The investment comes following the ‘ADD2Barrhead Locality Plan’ which includes a commitment to improving the physical environment and greenspace.

Survey results highlighted that improvements to the play park ranked as the most important priority to the local community.

Community Services and Community Safety Convener, Councillor Colm Merrick, said: “This investment in Dunterlie is fantastic news for the area. Dunterlie already has an active and engaged community and these upgrades will help to encourage more use of the park.

“I would like to thank everyone who participated in Making Places. Through our locality plan we are committed to working with community members to identify needs, so I am delighted to see this in action and I’m sure it will achieve positive results for the people of Barrhead.”

The Council will continue working with the community and other partners, through the Locality Planning process, to come up with practical steps that address the local priorities.

Making Places, a community-led project which was funded by the Scottish Government, invited people of all ages to help come up with new ideas for the park and space around the resource centre.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds