ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !!

ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 4 years, 8 months ago #1

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Would appear ERC have extended Webcasting contract for another year but wanted to keep it quiet !!!

------ Original Message ------
From: "Grossart, Alison" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Wednesday, 26 Jun, 2019 At 11:37
Subject: Webcasting

Thank you for your Freedom of Information enquiry of 13 June 2019.  Please find the responses to your questions detailed below.

Would appreciate if you can update me on the current Webcasting contract -

Q When is it due for renewal?

++++ A.June 2020. ++++

Q Have any discussions/negotiations etc taken place regarding renewal/supplier?
A.No.

Q Who is involved in any discussions/negotiations etc taking place regarding renewal/supplier?
A.Officers from Democratic Services, IT and Procurement who will agree the tender specification.

Q Who decides/agrees the scope of webcasting?
A.Councillors have already decided the scope of webcasting as per Council decision in December 2018.  The technical aspects will be decided by the officers.

Q Who decides/agrees the cost of webcasting?
A.Cost will be based on the specification set out in the tender. There will be a tender evaluation process where criteria will be set to allow tenderers to submit bids.

Yours sincerely,
Sharon Dick
HEAD OF HR & CORPORATE SERVICES

From: "Dick, Sharon" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: "Grossart, Alison" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Tuesday, 2 Jul, 2019 At 15:13
Subject: FOI/19/172 - WEBCASTING

Thank you for your Freedom of Information enquiry of 28 June 2019. Please find the responses to your questions detailed below.

Q.The original contract was for 3 years?
A.Yes

Q The contract was extended in 2018? (can you say how much this cost)
A.£10,951

Q How long was this extension for?
A.The extension was for 12 months.

Q When was the June 2020 extension agreed and how much did this cost?

+++ A.The extension was agreed on 4 June 2019 and cost £10,951. +++++

Yours sincerely,
Sharon Dick
Sharon Dick
Head of HR and Corporate Services
Department of Corporate and Community Services

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 4 years, 7 months ago #2

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Info gained via FOI request -

From: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: 10 December 2018 18:27
To: kisoran.moodley
Cc: robert.saunders; This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Subject: Extension of Webcasting and use of social media

Hi Kisoran

I just wanted to get in touch regarding a notice of motion we have going to our council meeting on 19 December on the extension of webcasting.

I’ve had a look at our meetings calendar for 2019 and based on that, if the Council were to agree to the notice of motion, we would be looking to increase the contracted hours from the current 30 up to somewhere in the region of about 70.

As you know we are in the first year of a two year extension to our current contract.

Is it possible to review the number of hours mid-contract or is that something that needs to wait until the end of the current contract?

The second part of their motion is asking the Council to broadcast all meetings using live streaming on social media through the Council’s Facebook and Twitter media pages from June 2019.

I was just wondering if it is possible to do this and link the webcast in to these sites and if so how we would go about it.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly
Democratic Services Manager

Sent: 10 December 2018 20:34
To: Daly, Eamonn
Cc: Robert Saunders; Smith, Graeme5
Subject: Re: Extension of Webcasting and use of social media

Hi Eamonn,

Good news for us in regards to the additional hours...not so much for your team, I suppose.

I'm happy to adjust the contracted hours mid-contract. Let's look at this when I'm back in the new year.

In the meanwhile keep webcasting and I'll ensure there's no issue if you go over your allocation for this year.

Re: note that latest development on our side now allows you to stream simultaneously onto either Facebook or YouTube Live.

Some additional settings are required on the meeting booking form, then the start/pause/stop buttons on Webmaster controls both our stream and either Facebook or YouTube streams. Please contact our Service Desk for more guidance.

Regards,
Kisoran

To: Allison, Liona
Subject: FW: Extension of Webcasting and use of social media
Date: 07 January 2019 16:07:18

Liona

Can we have a chat about this tomorrow too?

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

Sent: 08 May 2019 08:28
To: Husband, Murray

Subject: webcast contract

Morning Murray

I have been speaking with public-I, our webcast service provider.

In addition to the annual webcast contract they reminded me that we had in place a separate annual maintenance agreement for the microphone system.

The reason for the separate agreement is that the webcasting equipment is leased and so any maintenance/callout is included in the contract.

However the microphone system is ours which we purchased. As such were the webcasting contract not to be renewed we wold still have the microphones.

We last paid the agreement in for 2016/17 and they have come back to see if we want to pick it up again.

I would recommend that we do so that we have some maintenance in place if anything goes wrong with the mics.

The annual maintenance charge is £850.

They are proposing that we backfill from November 18 till June 19 to tie in with the renewal of the webcast contract for the last year and then synchronise the webcast contract and the microphones maintenance.

That would seem sensible.

The total cost for this will be £12,367.

I know that the annual webcast contract budget transferred over to you – I just wanted to know if you would be able to cover the additional microphone maintenance costs?

Thanks
Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

From: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 04 June 2019 09:36
To: Husband, Murray < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: FW: webcast contract

Hi Murray – just a follow up on my previous email below.

Can you give me any update?

Thanks
Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

Sent: 04 June 2019 10:01
Subject: RE: webcast contract
Sorry Eamonn, just getting to my early May emails!
Yes, I can cover the additional £850.
Can I check that the rest of the costs haven’t increased?
Murray

Sent: 04 June 2019 10:05

Subject: RE: webcast contract

Hi Murray

Thanks for this.

No the costs are the same.

For info I am just about to ask purchasing to invoke the second 12 month extension to the contract.

I will copy you in to the email.

This will take us up to the end of June 2020 so we will need to start looking at preparing the new tender documentation around the turn of the year.

Kind Regards
Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

From: Harvey-Welsh, Mary < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 04 June 2019 16:19
To: 'kisoran.moodley
Subject: Final Extensin CE 15 16 013 Webcasting Solutions
Importance: High

Good Afternoon Kisoran

Following your successful submission for the above tender, East Renfrewshire
Council have included an option to extend with two further 12 month extensions.

I’m pleased to advise that we are proposing to extend for the first of the 12 month extension until 29th June 2020. Please see attached extension letter for information.

I will all issue a hard copy by post today.

Would appreciate if you can confirm your acceptance of the proposed extension.

Many Thanks
Kind regards
May
Mary Harvey-Welsh
Category Manager
Corporate Procurement Section
East Renfrewshire Council
Eastwood Head Quarters
Eastwood Park,Giffnock
East Renfrewshire G46 6UG

Sent: 07 June 2019 15:11
To: Harvey-Welsh, Mary
Cc: Daly, Eamonn
Subject: RE: Final Extensin CE 15 16 013 Webcasting Solutions

Afternoon Harvey and many thanks for the confirmation of your intentions to continue for another year.

We are happy to accept and will look forward to the subsequent PO, in the sum of £10,951, so that we can attach to the invoice.

Kind regards,
Kisoran Moodley
Client Contract Manager

Subject: FW: webcast contract
Date: 10 June 2019 09:44:39

Hi Murray
Can you give me the centre/cost code and I will arrange for the PO?

Thanks
Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

To: Telfer, Margaret
Subject: FW: Final Extensin CE 15 16 013 Webcasting Solutions
Date: 10 June 2019 11:47:19
Attachments: PO Extension - June 2019.doc

Hi Margaret

Can you please treat this email as authorisation and process?

Thanks
Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

Sent: 10 June 2019 11:38
Subject: RE: Final Extensin CE 15 16 013 Webcasting Solutions

Hi Eamonn

Please find attached. Can you forward this to Margaret Telfer as authorisation?

Thanks
Kind Regards
Liona Allison
Assistant Committee Services Officer

Sent: 10 June 2019 09:36
To: Allison, Liona < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Liona

Are you able to raise the PO for this so that we can get it paid?

Thanks
Eamonn
Eamonn Daly
Phone 0141 577 3023
Fax 0141 577 3834
e-mail:-

Date: 01 July 2019 14:34:56
Attachments: 2nd Extension.pdf

Hi Eamonn

As requested the 2nd extension letter issued.

Kind regards
May
Mary Harvey-Welsh
Category Manager
Corporate Procurement Section
East Renfrewshire Council
Eastwood Head Quarters
Eastwood Park,Giffnock
East Renfrewshire G46 6UG

Sent: 01 July 2019 14:19
To: Harvey-Welsh, Mary

May
See below – I’ve highlighted the bit in question

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 4 years, 7 months ago #3

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Text transcript of letter from

Gerry Mahon
Chief Solicitor
Legal Services & Procurement

to

to Public-I Group Limited -

4 June 2019

TENDER REFERENCE: CE 15 16 013 - AWARD AMENDMENT LEASE AGREEMENT FOR THE DESIGN, SUPPLY, HOSTING, INSTALLATION & MAINTENANCE OF WEBCASTING SOLUTION

Dear Sirs

I refer to the above agreement which was awarded to Public-I Group Ltd on 30th June 2015 for a period of 36 months with an option to extend with two further 12 month extensions period at the council’s discretion.

On behalf of East Renfrewshire Council we are proposing to exercise the right to use the final extension of 12 months taking us to 29th June 2020 based on the rates and terms submitted in the original tender documentation.

I would be grateful if you would review this offer and provide your acceptance, or otherwise, in writing to the above address or alternatively email your acceptance to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ,uk.

Yours sincerely

Gerry Mahon
Chief Solicitor

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 4 years, 7 months ago #4

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
To: "Kisoran Moodley"
Cc: Allison, Liona
Subject: RE: Extension of Webcasting and use of social media
Date: 22 January 2019 13:01:22

Hi Kisoran

Hope you had a good break.

So far as the motion goes it did not pass and so the council have agreed to stick with meetings of the full council.

Accordingly there will be no need to review the contract hours at this stage.

We’ve already had a look at Facebook live and carried out a successful test – I just need to get a view as to whether or not we will roll it out.

Kind Regards

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

To: "Daly, Eamonn" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Thursday, 8 Aug, 2019 At 15:26
Subject: RE: Freedom of Information Request - Webcasting Contract - Ref FOI/19/183

Hi Eamonn

I refer to the email below regarding the Facebook live sentence.

What was your view?

Did you roll it out?

Regarding the future of webcasting - will you be carrying out a consultation with ER Council tax payers and Residents before compiling the proposed new tender document?

Thanks

From: "Daly, Eamonn" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Wednesday, 28 Aug, 2019 At 08:35
Subject: RE: Freedom of Information Request - Webcasting Contract - Ref FOI/19/183

Please accept my apologies – I had overlooked this.

What was your view?

I have no strong opinion one way or the other on making webcasts available through Facebook Live. That said it offers a poorer viewer experience in that viewing the webcast through that medium does not provide the viewer with speaker details, provide information on which agenda item is being considered, or enable the viewer to access the associated reports, all of which is available when the webcast is accessed via the Council’s website.

Did you roll it out?

As there were no perceived benefits it was not rolled out.

Regarding the future of webcasting - will you be carrying out a consultation with ER Council tax payers and Residents before compiling the proposed new tender document?

No – there is no need. The Council have already made clear the extent to which webcasting is to be provided and it is on this basis that the matter will be taken forward.

Yours faithfully
Eamonn Daly

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 8 months ago #5

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Freedom of Information Request.

It would appear ERC have issued tender for new webcast contract with Public i

Is this £12,000 per annum spend for 7 meetings per year value for money?

This is an extract from tender -

Direct Tender

Lease Agreement
Supply, Hosting, Installation & Maintenance of Webcasting System

Duration
24 months (plus 2 x 12 month possible extensions)

Supplier Name
Public i

Overview

Conditions
East Renfrewshire Council is inviting Public I Group Ltd to complete this Direct Tender in relation to the supply, hosting and maintenance of a webcasting solution to be leased and installed in the Council Chamber, located in the Council Headquarters, Eastwood Park, Rouken Glen Road, Giffnock G46 6UG.

The objective of this Direct Tender is to agree the terms of an on-going contract without call for competition.

The Council reserves the right to reject any offer which has been made subject to a Tenderer’s own conditions and which the Council finds unacceptable.

It will be assumed, unless clearly stated otherwise, that any resulting contract will be based on the Council’s General Conditions of Contract.

The Council reserves the right to reject any offer which has been made subject to a bidders own conditions and which the Council finds unacceptable, or that’s considered abnormally low.

The Council reserves the right to accept any bid in whole or in part. The Council cannot guarantee the level of business that will be received.

Validity period
Direct Bid Responses will be binding for 120 days from the closing date for the receipt of The Direct Bid Responses unless otherwise specified by the Council in the Direct Bid Information Pack.

Compliance
If you respond to this opportunity it will be taken that you have read and agree to all information contained within this document. 

If at a later point you advise you cannot comply the Council reserves the right to remove you from the contract.

Contract Period
East Renfrewshire Council is offering a 2 year contract with the start date of 20th July 2020 with the potential for two additional 12 month extensions (48 months total) or date as advised in official letter of award.

Costs
The Council will not be liable for any costs not identified within this document.

Costs to be exclusive of Value Added Tax.

The budget for this contract will be in the region of £12,000 per annum although it is anticipated that a saving on the above may be achieved.

All Costs are to be held firm for the duration of the contract, with no variations on price.

In exceptional circumstances determined by, and at the sole discretion of the Council, requests for price fluctuations may be considered.

In this case will be required to provide a minimum of one months' written notice of any proposed increase in price and will be required to submit documentary evidence to support any proposed increase to the satisfaction of the Council. 

No price increase can be applied without the prior written consent of East Renfrewshire Council.

Payment Terms
The Council will ensure that staged payments for the lease agreement will be made as follows: Payment will be made annually.

The successful supplier/bidder must ensure that all invoices submitted are in line with the rates agreed under this contract.

Specification
East Renfrewshire Council have been webcasting meetings for a number of years from within the Council Chamber to increase accessibility, accountability and transparency on decisions and matters that are of most interest to the public and stakeholders, and to promote an understanding on how decisions are reached.

The current situation, has added a level of complexity regarding physical and digital meetings where the long term requirements are not yet established.

The aim and purpose of this contract is to ensure there is sufficient continuity of service to allow for the recording of physical attendance in the Chambers but also ensure that any provision will allow for expansion to enable remote attendance from within a single platform (if required).

Based on current protocol there will be a minimum of 7 meetings per year, scheduled to take place from the Council Chamber.

These meetings comprise The Full Council and Planning Applications Committee (when a pre-determination hearing is taking place).

This contract opportunity requires that the above meetings and any other event or special meeting which is planned that requires broadcast, with sufficient agreed notice will be made available for an agreed period and archive copy of the webcast be available for post-meeting viewing.

To ensure that the above requirement is met with sufficient contingency the Council is seeking to contract up to 30 hours of webcasting per annum.

In the event the Council decides to increase the number of meetings to be webcast resulting in a requirement for more than 30 hours the Council must be able to purchase additional broadcast capacity.

The bidders proposed solution must support the following objectives and principles:

 To support the Council’s objectives to encourage and strengthen community participation in effective and responsible governance;

 To enable stakeholders to follow debate and conduct of meetings, promoting greater understanding of local decision-making processes; and

 To provide the opportunity for those who are unable to physically attend meetings to view proceedings in real time.

 To address issues in relation to the limited space in the public gallery.

Requirements

The bidders proposed solution must support the following Requirements, please confirm compliance:

Chambers/Hardware

1.The system must consist of a series of cameras with pan/tilt/zoom capability to ensure all parts of the Council Chamber are captured.

2.The system cameras must be fully automated so that there is no requirement for a camera operator to direct cameras to speakers.

3.The camera’s must capture video at an acceptable quality.

4.The camera’s must be capable of being configured within the existing constraints within the Council Chamber and its layout variations

5.The system must not interfere with the operation of the existing induction loop system

6.The system must be able to be controlled during meetings by the Council’s operator both remotely by tablet device and from the main control unit as appropriate

Control Unit / System / Encoder

7.The system must be able to be configured and take audio input from the Council’s existing system of microphones (a wired/wireless hybrid system) and integrate for camera’s to automatically track speaker

8.The system must be able to record audio / video at an acceptable quality

9.The system must be supplied with support and maintenance

10.The system must run on Windows 10 or equivalent OS

11.The system mush have an adequate update and patching schedule, and appropriate security threat protection

Webcasting / Publication Requirements

12.The system must provide instant messaging for technical support during webcasts

13.The system must be capable of displaying speaker information and links to relevant meeting resources such as reports/presentations etc.

14.The system must include a facility for the simultaneous display of any slide/video presentations

15.The system must be capable of enabling archive viewing of the meeting for a minimum of 12 months, including all associated resources.

16.The system must be capable of simultaneous viewing by up to 2000 viewers with no adverse impact on the broadcast quality

17. The system must be capable of providing statistical information on visitor numbers, including numbers of hits, live and archive views

18. The solution must not require local network connectivity to any council service.

Service Level Agreement (SLA) - Requirements

Public I Group Ltd is required to submit a Service Level Agreement which clearly defines the following as a minimum:

 Clear definition of offered managed service / maintenance levels,

 Clear definition of hardware provided and relevant replacement schedule(s),

 Details on expected version customer responsibilities, process for upgrade and acceptance;

 Details of inclusive consultancy, support, health checks etc.

 Details on solution preventative maintenance approach and frequency of visits,

 Service Desk contact points,

 Escalation and complaints procedure

 Details of SLA reactive response times including:
o Call out timescales
o Timescales for resolution of service failure

 Proposed contract management / account management meetings

 Back out processes in the event the technology is not fit for purpose

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 8 months ago #6

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Further Info from FOI request(1 July 2020)-

Sent: 03 July 2020 12:49
To: 'Daly, Eamonn' < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: East Ren Webcasting

Eamonn, I hope you have been enjoying your leave… until now, of course

I remember you saying that you’ll be picking up the odd email or two so I’m hoping you get sight on this as I’ve not seen anything from the council in regards to the RFQ we discussed.

Now, this could be simply because I was meant to do something, which I haven’t.

Something tells me I was meant to email you last week about the importance of
timescales at present.

Our Financial Year end finished on 30th June 2020 and your agreement lapsed on the same day.

Our Accounts and Auditors normally expect final details by mid-July.

This year we’ve been given the date of 17th July as the deadline for posting final accounts figures.

To this effect, I would be grateful if there is something you are able to do to expedite the process, aiming to award (or decline our offer) by 17th July?

I’ll look forward to your thoughts.

I’m available on the phone all day, if you think that’ll be easier to respond.

Kind regards,
Kisoran Moodley
Client Contracts Manager

Sent: 03 July 2020 13:08
To: Hutchison, Linda < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: FW: East Ren Webcasting

Hi Linda,

Whilst I am hoping Eamonn sees my email, perhaps you can help in case he doesn’t?

Do you know much about the webcasting RFQ?

Kind regards,
Kisoran Moodley
Client Contracts Manager

From: Hutchison, Linda < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 03 July 2020 14:26
To: Public I
Subject: RE: East Ren Webcasting

Dear Kisoran

Thank you for your email. I have not been involved in discussions on this issue, but have forwarded your email to some others within the Council who have been.

Hopefully, someone will be able to get back to you shortly on the way
forward.

I have mentioned to the person I spoke to the timescales in your email.

Kind regards
Linda
Linda Hutchison
Senior Committee Services Officer

Sent: 03 July 2020 15:11
To: 'Hutchison, Linda' < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

That’s very kind of you to assist in this way Linda.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Kisoran Moodley
Client Contracts Manager

Sent: 13 July 2020 17:20
To: Hutchison, Linda < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi Linda,
I thought I should let you know that I’ve not been contacted by anyone.

The previous contract lapsed two weeks ago on 29th June and I had agreed a period of time for us to go through any exercise and paperwork necessary to conclude matters on the renewal.

That would avoid a disconnect in the license which would in turn incur a reconnection fee to go live again.

My concern now is that we are reaching the point where that decision will be taken out of my hands and I’d therefore be grateful for any assistance you can offer.
Kind regards,
Kisoran Moodley
Client Contracts Manager

Sent: 14 July 2020 09:46
To: Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Dillon, Clare
< This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Dick, Sharon < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: FW: East Ren Webcasting

Dear Vanessa, Clare and Sharon

Please see a further email from Kisoran at public-i, referring to the fact that she has not been contacted about the contract and the urgency attached to that.

I will let her know I have passed this further email on.

Kind regards
Linda
Linda Hutchison

Sent: 14 July 2020 10:07
To: Fordyce, Vanessa ; Dillon, Clare ; Dick, Sharon
Cc: Daly, Eamonn

Hi
I have spoken to Eamonn this morning, who said he has not been contacted by anyone regarding this contract.

He said you may contact him on the following number, which I assumed was the
one you had for him and was the one you were using, but I may be incorrect – ********

Eamonn asked me to seek confirmation from Kisoran regarding what the reconnection fee would be and pass that on. He has confirmed that the range for this is between £500 to £1875 (£1875 is the top reconnection fee).

Kind regards
Linda
Linda Hutchison
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds