ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !!

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 9 months ago #13

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
From: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 27 May 2020 09:55
To: Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: FW: Webcasting Renewal 2020

Morning Vanessa

Please see below the email I have received from public-i.

I have gone back to ask for clarification on the archiving.

In the text of the email Kisoran has said we will get unlimited archiving for as long as we are public-I customers (this is new – at the moment we only have 6 months) but in the bulleted list it says archiving for 24 months.

I’ll get back in touch once he gets back to me.

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly
Democratic Services Manager
Department of Corporate and Community Services

Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
27/05/2020 10:14

Hi Eamonn,

Do you have a copy of the finalised direct bid document yet so we can send this to public I in order to get an official quote from them?

Vanessa Fordyce
Procurement Category Manager
Corporate Procurement Section

From: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 26 June 2020 16:29
To: Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: webcasting contract

Vanessa

Just had a chat with Kisoran from publc-i.

The end of July is the end of their financial year and he is keen to make sure that our contract is included in this year’s books and not carried over into the next financial year.

Could you see if you can get Clare to look over this early next week so we can get the document out the door.

It would be good if we can get everything tied up by 10 July.

I have said that depending on when we were able to issue the document the turnaround time would be tight but he is OK with that.

I am on leave now until 20 July but as I’m not going anywhere will be happy to do stuff during my holidays if it helps to progress things.

I won’t be on emails every day so if you want to message me on to let me know there is something for me to look at in my inbox I can go in and check.

Thanks
Eamonn

To: Dillon, Clare
Cc: Daly, Eamonn
Subject: FW: webcasting contract
Date: 29 June 2020 09:17:01
Importance: High

Hi Clare,
Please can you action the outstanding requirements for Eamonn for the webcasting direct bid as a matter of urgency.

As you can see the company now need this tied up asap.

Please review the document in the previous emails that have been sent to me and return it to myself once you feel the requirements from an IT perspective have been updated.

Vanessa Fordyce

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 9 months ago #14

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
03/07/2020 16:04

Hi Eamonn,

Wondered if you could give me a call at some point to discuss the webcasting

Clare Dillon has just got back to me today and after discussions with Sharon in HR has some concerns around the new contract in its current format.

As we currently don’t know when meetings will be able to held in the location again and social distancing causing issues too they feel that a 1 year contract would be more suitable.

If you can either give myself or Clare a call to discuss further this would be appreciated as I feel from the conversation with Clare today the scope of the exercise has changed since our last discussion.

Vanessa Fordyce

Kisoran public-i
14/07/2020 15:54

Linda, your help has done the trick.

I’ve now spoken with Claire (IT) and Vanessa (Procurement) today. Both are keen to progress as quickly as is necessary and in light of that we’ve agreed an extended deadline date of 31st July.

I’ve explained to Claire that due to our accounting restrictions, that would be the final day to consider uninterrupted service, hence leaving us with no contingency beyond that.

She’s confident that this revised deadline will provide more than enough time to complete all the necessary paperwork.

Thanks again for chasing this up on your end. Much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Kisoran Moodley
Client Contracts Manager

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 9 months ago #15

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
There was a lot of information. A few other emails just to tidy up for the moment -

Sent: 25 February 2020 11:33
To: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Dillon, Clare < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Webcasting Current Tender Documents

Hi Eamonn / Clare,

Please find attached previous documentation for the current webcasting contract, I have included the previous strategy, ITT and Tendering information pack.

Please review these documents and take notes as to where you think updates / changes / ammendments to the new contract will be required.

I have also attached an updated strategy document this will have to be completed and signed off prior to a tender being issued.

Vanessa Fordyce

26/05/2020 16:21
To: Fordyce, Vanessa Cc: Daly, Eamonn

Hi Vanessa / Eamonn

I am happy to authorise this exemption.

Vanessa – can you add details to the register / folder area.

Regards

Debbie Hill
Chief Procurement Officer

Kisoran public-i
27/05/2020 11:12

Hi Eamonn,

Thanks for reading my email…good to know

In all honesty, an oversight on my part… so thank you for raising it.

We briefly spoke about longer archive periods so I wanted to give you a slightly longer term.

On first thoughts I managed to fit in the 24-month period. But then I thought if I really wanted to impress you, I should go the whole way and hence I reworded the paragraph to “indefinite”.

I hadn’t altered any of the pricing or calculations so I didn’t think to double check the details below, which is why the ’24-months’ still shows on the bullet point list.

For clarity, I’m offering an indefinite archive period. Note, I have now corrected the scope on my original email below.

Kind regards,

Kisoran Moodley
Client Contracts Manager

Sent: 27 May 2020 09:02
To: Kisoran public-i
Subject: RE: Webcasting Renewal 2020

Morning Kisoran

Thanks for this.

Can I just check something?

Para 2 of your email suggests unlimited archiving as long as we are with public-I but in the bulleted list below it states 24 month archiving.

Can you advise which is correct?

Once I hear from you we can move things forward.

Thanks

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

23/06/2020 12:11

Hi Eamonn,

Yes your webcasting exemption was agreed by Debbie on the 26th of May, we essentially just want to follow up with the direct bid document to cover you in terms of SLA / any chances to the current contract etc.

However Debbie has procurement manager has agreed due to the current covid situation the contract can continue with public I just now as the risk of moving to another supplier wouldn’t work with the current climate

Vanessa Fordyce

Sent: 23 June 2020 12:09
Subject: RE: webcast contract

OK

I’m finishing on Friday for holidays and will be busy between now and the end of the week with the Integration Joint Board and the Council meetings.

Is it OK for me to go back to the company and tell them we are definitely going ahead but that there will be a delay in getting the documentation out to them?

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

To: Dick, Sharon
Subject: RE: East Ren Webcasting
Date: 14 July 2020 10:49:45

Thank you for the update Sharon

Linda

From: Dick, Sharon < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 14 July 2020 10:47
To: Hutchison, Linda < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi Linda,

I’ve spoken to Vanessa and Eamonn and then followed up with Claire.

Claire does not have all the ICT requirements documented, she had been planning a meeting with Eamonn on Monday.

I’ve updated that we are unlikely to have that length of time so she
has committed to complete today if required. Claire has confirmed that she will phone Vanessa now to agree way forward to ensure contract does not incur this additional cost.

Kind regards,
Sharon

To: Hutchison, Linda; Fordyce, Vanessa; Dick, Sharon
Date: 14 July 2020 23:46:02

Hello all –
This is 95% ready to go – I just need a proof read in the morning and quick chat with Cathie before adding in the info sec – as I just need her to sense check set requirements or document
(I’ve booked the chat in for 8:30am).

If anyone wants to make amends please can you track change and send back to me.
AND
Vanessa – I need you to confirm the amount that the exemption was agreed for to check that we are not going to breach it, I never saw the exemption – I think it was agreed between Eamonn and Gerry directly – but I need to know to allow me to include a capped figure (which we’ve done before) that will allow us wiggle room if we want to buy extra broadcast hours or look at Teams integration.

I’m in solid back to back meetings tomorrow, and manning the office – but will keep an eye out, then once the final piece of info comes through will send full doc back to Vanessa to issue

Thanks
Clare
Clare Dillon
IT Business Relationship Manager
Corporate & Community Services and HSCP

To: Fordyce, Vanessa
Cc: Dick, Sharon; Daly, Eamonn
Date: 15 July 2020 09:49:17

Thanks Vanessa.

Final version attached for the supplier, all that is missing is the tender reference number.

If you need me to issue give me a shout.

Clare

From: Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 15 July 2020 09:29
To: Dillon, Clare < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: Dick, Sharon < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Daly, Eamonn
< This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi Clare,

The Exemption Debbie approved was for a total of £48,000 this was based on 3 years plus 1 so the figure you may now wish to award may differ however cannot go over the £48,000.

Vanessa Fordyce

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 9 months ago #16

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
If I understand this correctly, ERC had known this date was coming for over 12 months.

Yet failed to complete on time, despite being reminded by the company concerned.

Now it looks like staff are scrambling around trying to stop a financial penalty being incurred due to their failures.

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 8 months ago #17

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
The contract with Public-i ended on 29 June 2020.

The new contract would appear not to be in place until 31 July 2020.

A further FOI request will need to be made to get details from 14 July 2020 for the final contract agreement and cost.

Info will be posted when available(sometime in August).

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 8 months ago #18

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
FOI request -Ref: 101002291111

Made On Line 10/8/2020

Hi

Freedom of Information Request

This FOI refers to Correspondence/Emails/Letters/Contact/documents/reports/payment requests/Payments made etc in regard to -

The Webcasting contract with Public-i and any extension of the contract with Public-i.

The current contract ended on 29 June 2020. As at 15 July 2020 , a new contract had not been put in place.

The information is required from 15 July 2020.

Please provide copies of all recorded information concerning the Webcasting contract with Public-i and any extension of the contact with Public-i.

Between/to/from -

ERC( Employees/Officers/Officials) and ERC( Employees/Officers/Officials)
ERC( Employees/Officers/Officials) and Councillors
ERC( Employees/Officers/Officials) and Public-i
ERC( Employees/Officers/Officials) and Others

for

conversations,
telephone calls,
discussions,
emails,
correspondence,
letters,
documents
reports
payments requested
payments made

etc.

All the information is required from 15 July 2020 to date.

Electronic copies are acceptable.

Thanks
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds