Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

We need your help !
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: We need your help !

We need your help ! 4 years, 7 months ago #1

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
ERC planners have made an application to ERC Planning Application Committee (PAC) to permit the removal and destruction of 12 trees Adjacent To Crookfur Pavilion Crookfur Park Ayr Road Newton Mearns.

This is the site where the council is having a new nursery built. It is in early stages of being built and now the planners are alleging that a digger has damaged the roots of 12 trees, and as a result they require to remove them due to Health & Safety reasons.

The 12 trees are all subject of a Tree Preservation Order (TPO).

Council make these orders - They are made to protect individual trees, groups of trees or woodlands which have particular amenity value, make a significant contribution to the landscape or townscape or because there may be a potential threat to the trees. Deciding which trees qualify to become protected the local authority must ensure that the trees contribute to the amenity and attractiveness of an area and be under threat in some way. Either individual specimens or groups can be protected in a single Order.

Re: We need your help ! 4 years, 7 months ago #2

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
This is the group of trees concerned, around 40 very mature trees. (12 are of a species that require to be protected)

1_2019-08-18.jpg

However the 12 trees have tags on them and they are not all in the front row of the picture, many are behind other unprotected trees.

As you can see from the cut banking there are no tree roots exposed.

None of the trees appear to have been exposed to having their roots cut by a digger, indeed if a digger driver cut one set, would he really, accidentally continue and cut another 11?

There is no sign that any tree is in danger of falling due to having all of its roots cut and requires to be removed.

Re: We need your help ! 4 years, 7 months ago #3

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
The strange thing about the ERC Planners application is that they have stated the public cannot object to the planning application.

Does not seem to be very democratic?

Indeed the online application does not permit any objections.

It was only put onto the web site a few days ago and the fear is that they intend to rush this through as a Health & Safety issue.

However none of the trees have been barrier taped, no restrictions on walking up to and touching the trees, which are well outside the area of the building site.

No sign of any tree roots exposed.

So why the rush to remove 12 protected trees.

Of course the other question is, are the 12 the only ones that will be removed.

The others are not protected and can be removed by ERC if they wish.

Re: We need your help ! 4 years, 7 months ago #4

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
We would ask that no matter where you live in the world, you send ONE email to the ERC Planning Application Committee members objecting.

If you believe in the environment, that we require trees, deforestation is not necessary in Scotland, even on a small scale, then please send one email to this group.

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: We need your help ! 4 years, 7 months ago #5

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
An objection sent by one of our members - (it would be very helpful if at least 10 objections were sent before close of business on Monday 19th August 2019.)

Adjacent To Crookfur Pavilion Crookfur Park Ayr Road Newton Mearns East Renfrewshire G77 6DT
Removal of 12 trees which are subject to a Tree Preservation Order (TPO)

Dear Cllrs,

I refer to the above application which has been submitted by your Planning Officers.

Firstly I am alarmed and very concerned as I have been informed that the public are being denied the right to object to the proposal by the council Planning Department.

I am of the opinion it is undemocratic that I am being denied the right to object.

I am aware that the purpose of the request to remove 12 protected trees (given verbally) is that a digger being used in the construction of the new pavilion allegedly severed the roots of these 12 protected species of trees.

As you are aware the removal of Trees that are subject to a (TPO) can only be approved if the tree concerned is dead, dying or diseased.

I have my doubts that these 12 trees are either dead or dying.

I would respectfully request that you consider pausing this application to enable a site visit by the PAC to evaluate the situation for yourselves.

Re: We need your help ! 4 years, 7 months ago #6

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
This message has appeared on the council site, it was not there last week.

Comment on a planning application.

This notifies the Council of proposed work or development not needing its permission. The Council will not be approving or refusing the proposal, so comments are not invited.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds