ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Leisure Trust Board Meeting Tuesday 19 November 2019 - Trust CEO refuses to give Venue/Time/Agenda
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Leisure Trust Board Meeting Tuesday 19 November 2019 - Trust CEO refuses to give Venue/Time/Agenda

Leisure Trust Board Meeting Tuesday 19 November 2019 - Trust CEO refuses to give Venue/Time/Agenda 4 years, 5 months ago #1

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
------ Original Message ------
To: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: Tuesday, 12 Nov, 2019 At 14:25
Subject: Next trust Board meeting agreed for 19 November 2019.

Hi

In the Minute of a Meeting of the Board of Trustees of East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure Ltd.The Foundry, Barrhead on Tuesday 20th August 2019 at 3.30pm it recorded that - Next meeting agreed for 19 November 2019.

Would appreciate if you can confirm that the meeting will take place and confirm the venue and time.

Would also appreciate if you can confirm that the Agenda for this meeting is available before the meeting but will only be available to East Renfrewshire Council Tax Payers by making a Freedom of Information Request.

Thanks

From: "ERCLT Business Support" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Friday, 15 Nov, 2019 At 15:07
Subject: Next trust Board meeting agreed for 19 November 2019 1010002135530

I am writing in response to your recent e-mail regarding publication of Agenda’s for the Board of East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure Trust Limited (ERCLT).

I regard this latest enquiry as vexatious.

I should warn you that in the light of this most recent request we are considering breaking off communications with you.

I have reached this conclusion because you have made numerous similar or identical requests regarding the publication of minutes and agendas in the past.

On 26th June 2019 I wrote to you to this effect, and again on 28th October (copy attached).

I now regard this matter closed. However, if you should wish to apply for a review of how we have dealt with your enquiry, please apply in writing within 40 working days to:

Chief Officer (Legal and Procurement)
Council Headquarters
Rouken Glen Road
Giffnock G46 6UG,

marking your letter “Freedom of Information, request for review”, and stating the exact nature of the matter you wish to be reviewed.

The review will be carried out within 20 working days of receipt of your appeal.

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the review, you then have the right to appeal to the Scottish Information Commissioner who has extensive powers to investigate such matters. His address is:

Scottish Information Commissioner
Kinburn Castle
St. Andrews
Fife KY16 9DS
Yours sincerely
Anthony McReavy
Chief Executive
East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure Limited

Sent: 15 November 2019 16:15
To: Mahon, Gerry < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Request for Review - Next trust Board meeting agreed for 19 November 2019 1010002135530

Chief Officer (Legal and Procurement)
Council Headquarters
Rouken Glen Road
Giffnock
G46 6UG

REQUEST FOR REVIEW

As instructed by Anthony McReavy, Chief Executive, East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure Limited in their attached email dated 15 November 2019 in response to my request for information dated 12 November 2019(attached below) I request the said review.

My reasons for requesting review are -

My request was not vexatious.

The main request was for information regarding the Next Trust Board Meeting to be held on 19 November 2019.

The request was -

'Would appreciate if you can confirm that the meeting will take place and confirm the venue and time.'

Only the date was published in the minutes for the 20 August 2019 meeting - 'Next meeting agreed for 19 November 2019.'

I also asked for confirmation that the Agenda for this meeting would only be available to East Renfrewshire Council Tax Payers by making a Freedom of Information Request.

This is an Agenda, not a state secret.

I do consider that having to make a FOI request for an Agenda is indeed nonsense and a waste of My, the Trust's (and as it would probably involve a review) your time/effort/cost, when it can be easily published before the meeting on the Trust's website.

I think that a reasonable view and not vexatious and indeed in line with convention on Openness & Transparency regarding public bodies.

In the circumstances, I don't think it unreasonable for the CEO/Trust to confirm that 'the Agenda for this meeting would only be available to East Renfrewshire Council Tax Payers by making a Freedom of Information Request.'

As always, my request was polite, was not intimidating and contained no profanity.

None of this is unreasonable.

It was not vexatious.

The CEO did not give any of the requested information.

Are the Time & Venue of Trust Board meetings now a secret?

It would only take the CEO/Trust 2 minutes to give this information.

There is no reason why the CEO/Trust should not give this information.

Thanks

From: "Mahon, Gerry" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: "Maxwell, Graeme" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Monday, 18 Nov, 2019 At 10:03
Subject: RE: Request for Review - Next trust Board meeting agreed for 19 November 2019 1010002135530

I write to confirm receipt of your request

Regards
Gerry Mahon
Chief Officer – Legal and Procurement

To: "Mahon, Gerry" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: "Maxwell, Graeme" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Monday, 18 Nov, 2019 At 10:06
Subject: RE: Request for Review - Next trust Board meeting agreed for 19 November 2019 1010002135530

Hi

Thanks for this.

In the circumstances, as the meeting is scheduled for tomorrow(19 November) would appreciate if I can get info before this meeting is due.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Leisure Trust Board Meeting Tuesday 19 November 2019 - Trust CEO refuses to give Venue/Time/Agenda 4 years, 4 months ago #2

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Sent: 18 November 2019 10:07
To: Mahon, Gerry < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: Maxwell, Graeme < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi

Thanks for this.

In the circumstances, as the meeting is scheduled for tomorrow(19 November) would appreciate if I can get info before this meeting is due.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

From: "Mahon, Gerry" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Tuesday, 19 Nov, 2019 At 10:23

I have requested the information from the trust and await receipt.

Yours sincerely
Gerry Mahon

To: "Mahon, Gerry" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Tuesday, 19 Nov, 2019 At 18:27

Hi

Presumably they were busy going through the secret Agenda, at the secret meeting, at the secret venue, at the secret time, to get back to you !!

You Say - I have requested the information from the trust and await receipt.

Does this mean you have concluded your review?

Thanks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds