Username Password: Remember me

Ward 4 Councillors in Bust Up !
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ward 4 Councillors in Bust Up !

Ward 4 Councillors in Bust Up ! 4 weeks ago #1

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
From the East Renfrewshire Council Website Cllr Ireland and Cllr MacDonald (along with Cllr Miller and Cllr Lafferty) represent Ward 4 - Clarkston, Netherlee and Williamwood

Posted Cllr David MacDonald's Facebook page 20/1/20 -

Cllr David Macdonald -
An Independent voice for people is in Busby, East Renfrewshire, United Kingdom.

4 hrs ·

A message to the people of Busby.

I am sure you have all recently received a copy of Cllr. Annette Ireland's calendar of bin collections through your letterboxes.

While I am sure she attempts to make it look like this is a courtesy, let us call this for what it is.

A hopeless attempt to try to butter you up and to get back in the good books with the people of this village.

I know the people of Busby and it simply won't wash.

Let's concentrate on the facts.

In January of 2019, the Planning Applications Committee convened and considered the application by East Renfrewshire Council Education Department to remove the playing field at Busby Primary School and to build the new nursery on this field and to build a plant equipment room on top of the existing nursery play area.

161 written objections from residents of Busby were received by the committee.

Cllr. Annette Ireland is the Chair of the planning applications Committee.

Despite the number of written objections, not only did Cllr. Annette Ireland, a ward 4 Councillor representing Busby, vote to approve the removal of our playing field, she moved to approve it.

What was her motivation to push so hard against so many in a village in her own ward?

Why would she not vote based on what the residents wanted?

Is it not her responsibility to represent the people first before anything else?

As a result of the vote 4 to 3, the plan was approved.

I was in the chamber at that meeting to witness, what I consider to be, a complete dereliction of duty towards the people a member is elected to represent.

When the community called out in unison against this application, Cllr. Annette Ireland failed to stand up for the people of Busby and voted against their wishes.

These are simply the facts.

So let's not concentrate on fridge calendars but rather focus on a very important single date.

THURSDAY 5TH MAY, 2022.

That is the date of the next council election. Please use your opportunity on this date to elect candidates who will stick up for what the community want and not throw you all under a bus......or in this particular case, a cement mixer truck.

I won't idly stand by and allow people not to be aware of exactly what happened to cause the removal of a field that was there for over 143 years.

Busby playing field. 1876 - 2019.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds