Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Widespread Black Ice Problem - Saturday 18 January 2020
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Widespread Black Ice Problem - Saturday 18 January 2020

Re: Widespread Black Ice Problem - Saturday 18 January 2020 4 years, 2 months ago #7

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
------ Original Message ------
From: "Lafferty, A (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Monday, 27 Jan, 2020 At 13:51
Subject: RE: Eastwood Park/Leisure Centre - Black Ice - treacherous and dangerous - Saturday 18/1/2020

I’ve already advised you where you can find information on winter maintenance and gritting priorities.

I am very grateful for the 24 hour availability of our Roads, Cleansing staff and local farmers to grit roads.

I believe this is also appreciated by the public, yourself excepted.

Cllr A Lafferty

Re: Widespread Black Ice Problem - Saturday 18 January 2020 4 years, 2 months ago #8

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
To: "Lafferty, A (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Monday, 27 Jan, 2020 At 15:35
Subject: RE: Eastwood Park/Leisure Centre - Black Ice - treacherous and dangerous - Saturday 18/1/2020

Hi Alan

Referring to your statement saying that I do not appreciate Cleansing Staff and/or Local Farmers etc regarding gritting of roads -

Perhaps you could point out where I stated this? Nowhere have I stated this. I think you just made it up !

What I did say was -

'I understand that the Roads Department have confirmed that there was an oversight by the contractor and that Eastwood Park was not gritted in the early hours of Saturday morning.'

As you are also Convener for Environment, do you deny this?

As said below, it would appear there was a problem and that we were paying for a service that was not provided.

Nothing to do with appreciating/not appreciating Cleansing Staff and/or Local Farmers etc

My concern is that on this occasion we were paying for a service that was not provided and for us to to clear up and resolve what went wrong in order that it does not occur again in the future.

Again, nothing to do with appreciating/not appreciating Cleansing Staff and/or Local Farmers etc

For some reason you do not want to address the problem. What have you to hide here?

Again, would appreciate if you can now give the requested information

- Can you clarify what the problem was with the lack of gritting and salting the roads, the car parks and surrounding pavements in the park.

- The Centre Staff said they had contacted the Council.

- Please clarify the time when the Council were advised about the black ice and the time when the area was eventually gritted and salted.

As this has been a problem for 5/6 years, I don't think it is unreasonable or time consuming to provide the requested information.

Again, your help in clearing up and resolving what went wrong regarding this matter is appreciated.

Thanks

To: "Lafferty, A (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Monday, 27 Jan, 2020 At 16:34

Hi Alan

Sorry, noticed typo omission.

Where mentioned

'Cleansing Staff and/or Local Farmers etc'

should read

Roads, Cleansing Staff and/or Local Farmers etc

Thanks

Re: Widespread Black Ice Problem - Saturday 18 January 2020 4 years, 1 month ago #9

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
From: "Lafferty, A (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Monday, 27 Jan, 2020 At 16:21

What are you going on about?

I raised the question of the much appreciated efforts of Council staff and external contractors whose efforts are greatly appreciated by the public particularly in truly serious weather such as the ‘Beast from the East’.

Once again you highlight issues that no one else has expressed concern.

I have had no other complaints at the recent morning’s frost.

You have demonstrated that you are able to obtain information yourself.

I can only suspect that your messages are of vexatious intent.

Cllr A Lafferty

Re: Widespread Black Ice Problem - Saturday 18 January 2020 4 years, 1 month ago #10

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2020 4:23:54 PM
To: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi Alan

I am sorry that you consider my request for information is of vexatious intent.

Again, I am sorry, and I can assure you that none of my requests are intended to be vexatious.

Sorry, I was unaware that you only helped constituents who could prove that other constituents had also complained.

There have been posts on ERC Facebook page regarding black ice/gritting.

As said my request was nothing to do with not appreciating Roads/ Cleansing Staff and/or Local Farmers etc regarding gritting of roads .

I asked you as my councillor and as Convener of Environment for the following information -

- Can you clarify what the problem was with the lack of gritting and salting the roads, the car parks and surrounding pavements in the park.

The Centre Staff said they had contacted the Council.

- Please clarify the time when the Council were advised about the black ice and the time when the area was eventually gritted and salted.

As said, it would appear there was a problem and that we were paying for a service that was not provided.

I understand that the Roads Department have confirmed that there was an oversight by the contractor and that Eastwood Park was not gritted in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Again, as you are Convener of Environment would appreciate if you can explain what went wrong.

My concern is that on this occasion we were paying for a service that was not provided and for us to to clear up and resolve what went wrong in order that it does not occur again in the future.

As this has been a problem for 5/6 years, I don't think it is unreasonable or time consuming to provide the requested information.

Again, your help in clearing up and resolving what went wrong regarding this matter is appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Widespread Black Ice Problem - Saturday 18 January 2020 4 years, 1 month ago #11

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Sent: Tuesday, 4 Feb, 2020 At 14:31
Subject: Re: Eastwood Park/Leisure Centre - Black Ice - treacherous and dangerous - Saturday 18/1/2020

If you have enquiries of Council Matters.

Make them directly to the Council.

I am not your message boy.

Alan Lafferty

Re: Widespread Black Ice Problem - Saturday 18 January 2020 4 years, 1 month ago #12

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
-------- Original message --------
Date:19/01/2020 10:07 (GMT+00:00)
To: "Miller, Stewart (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Eastwood Park/Leisure Centre - Black Ice - treacherous and dangerous - Saturday 18/1/2020

Hi Stewart

Attended Gym at Eastwood Park 08:50 - 10:10 Saturday morning 18 January 2020.

There were Leisure Centre staff? advising traffic at the entrance from the main road warning of

treacherous and dangerous conditions with sheet ice & black ice on the roads, in the car parks and surrounding pavements.

Indeed they were correct. It was very treacherous and dangerous !

Myself and many others were slipping and sliding all over the place.

There was no evidence of gritting and salting having taken place.

Can you clarify what the problem was with the lack of gritting and salting the roads, the car parks and surrounding pavements in the park.

Please clarify the time when the Council were advised about the black ice and the time when the area was eventually gritted and salted.

You will be aware that this lack of gritting and salting has been raised as a problem for the last 5-6 years.

You help with this matter will be appreciated.

Thanks

From: "Miller, Stewart (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Sunday, 19 Jan, 2020 At 12:43
Subject: Re: Eastwood Park/Leisure Centre - Black Ice - treacherous and dangerous - Saturday 18/1/2020

Dear Sir

Thank you for your correspondence and I will pass it on to the relevant officers

Regards
Stewart

Date:23/01/2020 11:34 (GMT+00:00)
To: "Miller, Stewart (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi Stewart

You say below - 'Thank you for your correspondence and I will pass it on to the relevant officers'

Did you pass it on?

If so, who are the relevant officers?

I was expecting a quick response.

Wouldn't think it would take long to get the requested information.

Your help with this matter is appreciated.

Thanks

From: "Miller, Stewart (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Thursday, 23 Jan, 2020 At 17:48

Dear Sir

As indicated, I did pass on your complaint and I did receive an acknowledgement that your complaint had been passed on.

I didn't expect any further response, nor did I receive any, as the only response I would expect is the road being treated with salt next time there are icy roads

Regards
Stewart

Date:23/01/2020 18:42 (GMT+00:00)

Hi Stewart

I understand that again there was a problem with Eastwood Park regarding this matter and a response should be expected.

Would appreciate if you could let me know ref number of my passed on complaint.

As a senior constituent and trying to keep fit by attending the gym it's ironic that I have to take evasive action to avoid breaking a leg and/or dislocating a hip to get there and any injury to myself is viewed as not a priority.

Again, your help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Sent: Thursday, 23 Jan, 2020 At 23:14

Good evening

As far as I'm aware, I have never had any reference numbers against any complaints I have made on constituents behalf so I'm not in a position to furnish you with such.

I would much prefer that no one should break a leg of dislocate a hip, whether it be a senior constituent or anyone else

Regards
Stewart

Sent: Monday, 27 Jan, 2020 At 10:42

Hi Stewart

Thanks for this.

I understand you treated my email as a complaint and forwarded this to ERC........... 'I did pass on your complaint'.

ERC have procedures/systems in place to deal with complaints.

These procedures/systems are in place for the benefit of both parties.

One of these procedures is that a ref number is allocated to the complaint.

The procedures also ensure a response is given.

It would appear there was a problem and that we were paying for a service that was not provided.

Under the procedures/system a response should be provided by ERC to the request -

Can you clarify what the problem was with the lack of gritting and salting the roads, the car parks and surrounding pavements in the park.

Please clarify the time when the Council were advised about the black ice and the time when the area was eventually gritted and salted.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds