ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Citizens' Panel - Autumn Survey 2019 - A total of 598 survey responses were received
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Citizens' Panel - Autumn Survey 2019 - A total of 598 survey responses were received

Citizens' Panel - Autumn Survey 2019 - A total of 598 survey responses were received 4 years, 2 months ago #1

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Citizens' Panel - Autumn Survey 2019

From The report -

1.2.A total of 598 survey responses were received, equating to an overall response rate of 60.3%. All Panel members have the option to respond via web survey and more than half of all responses were submitted online. This represents a substantial increase in recent years, from only a third of responses submitted online in 2016.

You can read the report here -

www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=25866&p=0

Re: Citizens' Panel - Autumn Survey 2019 - A total of 598 survey responses were received 4 years, 2 months ago #2

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Published The Extra On Line -

Dawn Renton
Published: 07:00 Monday 03 February 2020

Residents love to live in East Renfrewshire

East Renfrewshire Council’s annual Citizens Panel Survey has found that 95 per cent of residents are satisfied with the area as a place to live.

East Renfrewshire’s safety, good educational opportunities and location of family/friends were the most common reasons for choosing to live in the area.

The survey also found that 71 per cent of residents are satisfied with Council services.

Residents were particularly upbeat about the authority’s schools, with 98 per cent rating primary education and 97 per cent rating secondary education positively.

The Council’s wheeled bin collection was rated as very good/good by 86 per cent of respondents, and maintenance of street lighting by 77 per cent. Libraries (91 per cent), Parks and open spaces (90 per cent) and our customer service team (83 per cent) also rated highly.

Councillor Tony Buchanan, Leader of East Renfrewshire Council said: “I am delighted to see that residents continue to rate East Renfrewshire highly as a place to live.

“We are working hard to make the area a safe and enjoyable place to work, live and play, so I’m particularly pleased to see residents have told us they find Council staff professional, reputable, helpful and fair – as we all strive to do our best for our residents.

“There are challenges ahead but we will face these challenges together, to do our best for the people of East Renfrewshire. With three quarters of residents telling us they have volunteered in the last year, we know we have motivated residents who are as committed as we are to continue making East Renfrewshire one of the best places to live in Scotland.”

Respondents also felt that the Council and its employees represent the three Council values. This was particularly the case for “kindness” and “trust” – around 4 in 5 respondents felt that the Council represents each of these (80% and 78% respectively). 65% of respondents also said Council employees represent the third value, “ambition”.

A total of 78 per cent rated roads and 74 per cent rated footpaths as very poor/poor, citing these as key areas for improvement.

The Council has committed an additional £15million over five years (starting 2019/20) for road and footpath resurfacing.

The latest Citizens’ Panel results, as well as details on how to become a panel member are available on the East Renfrewshire Council website.

www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=25866&p=0

Re: Citizens' Panel - Autumn Survey 2019 - A total of 598 survey responses were received 4 years, 2 months ago #3

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
From the Citizens' Panel Autumn Survey 2019 Technical Report -

East Renfrewshire Citizens’ Panel: Autumn 2019 Survey Technical Report

Survey confidence intervals

Number of Responses

East Renfrewshire Total

Ward 1 Barrhead, Liboside and Uplawmoor

Ward 2 Newton Mearns North and Neilston

Ward 3 Giffnock and Thornliebank

Ward 4 Clarkston, Netherlee and Williamwood1

Ward 5 Newton Mearns South and Eaglesham1

The profile of survey respondents is summarised over the page.

This indicates that although there was a relatively strong response across most socio-demographic groups, there was some differential in response rates and this has implications for the extent to which the achieved sample is representative of the wider population.

In particular, survey respondents somewhat under-represent those aged under 45, those in employment and those who rent their home.

As is noted below, weighting of survey results was undertaken to minimise the impact of this response bias to the final survey results (for example to take account of variation in response across ward areas).

You should read this full report.

www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=25867&p=0

Re: Citizens' Panel - Autumn Survey 2019 - A total of 598 survey responses were received 4 years, 2 months ago #4

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Published Barrhead News On Line -

06/02/2020
News

1 hr ago

By Tristan Stewart-Robertson @srtristan Chief Reporter

Positive results in annual survey show council is making the grade

A STUDY by East Renfrewshire Council has found that 95 per cent of residents are satisfied with the area as a place to live...with local schools getting top marks.

The annual Citizens Panel Survey gave a 98 per cent positive rating for primary education and 97 per cent for secondary.

A total of 1,200 local people took part in the study.

Libraries came in at 91 per cent positive, with parks and open spaces at 90 per cent and wheelie bin collection hailed as ‘good’ or ‘very good’ by 86 per cent of respondents.

But the standard of roads was criticised, with 78 per cent of residents rating them as ‘poor’ or ‘very poor,’ while 74 per cent had the same opinion of footpaths.

Council chiefs said they had committed an extra £15million over five years for resurfacing of both.

Councillor Tony Buchanan, leader of East Renfrewshire Council, added: “I am delighted to see that residents continue to rate East Renfrewshire highly as a place to live.

“We are working hard to make the area a safe and enjoyable place to work, live and play, so I’m particularly pleased to see residents have told us they find council staff professional, reputable, helpful and fair.

“There are challenges ahead but we will face these together, to do our best for the people of East Renfrewshire.

“With three-quarters of residents telling us they have volunteered in the last year, we know we have motivated residents who are as committed as we are to continue making East Renfrewshire one of the best places to live in Scotland.”

The local authority’s customer service team got an 83 per cent positive rating but the rating for street lighting was down at 77 per cent.

Overall, the lowest satisfaction rating was for council services, at 71 per cent.

Tom Arthur, Barrhead’s MSP, said: “These are great survey results and reflect my own pride in the place I grew up.

“Since my election in 2016, I have been working alongside local councillors and know the hard work that has been invested to ensure East Renfrewshire remains a great place to live and work.

“I’ll continue to work alongside my colleagues and remain committed to helping my constituents with any issues they bring to me.”

The survey found that residents largely agreed the council successfully delivered its three values – kindness, trust and ambition.

To join the panel, visit www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/citizenspanel.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds