ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Is this Cllr loosing his focus???????????
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Is this Cllr loosing his focus???????????

Re: Is this Cllr loosing his focus??????????? 4 years, 1 month ago #13

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
More words of wisdom from the policing expert David Macdonald.

InkedScreenshot2020-02-2215.07.01_LI.jpg

Re: Is this Cllr loosing his focus??????????? 4 years, 1 month ago #14

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
In my opinion David Macdonald is very naive.

In addition looking at his responses to many peeps on his social media he appears totally unable to take any form of criticism, I think the correct word is truculent.

In respect of his issue with policing in Scotland.

He appears to be conflating various issues like finance and resources. The CC is told the maximum number of officers he is permitted to have serving.

There is a policing model that dictates the minimum number of uniformed officers per population. These officers are paid from the central budget.

In addition the CC has to resource Firearms Units, Training Dept, Control rooms, Domestic abuse units, CID, Traffic to name but a few.

The CC only has a limited number of officers how is he meant to give you your cop on a bike David.

32 Police Forces aligned to Council areas, and he wants to save money?

32 Chief Constables, 32 Deputy Chief Constables, 32 Assistant Chief Constables and the relevant number of Chief Superintendents, Chief Inspectors, Inspectors and Sergeants and then Constables.

Wow that would be some wage bill.

Then each force would require to establish a CID, Traffic Department, Training School, Control Room, Intelligence Unit, Surveillance Teams, Serious Crime Squad, Drug Squad, Plain Clothes Units, Domestic Abuse Units, Special Branch, Dog Section, Mounted Section, Underwater Search Unit, Support Units, to name but a FEW.

Come on David get real.

For a man who apparently does not attend the Police Committee meetings at Council, and according to another Cllr you do not allegedly interact with the local police how can you pontificate so much about policing.

Re: Is this Cllr loosing his focus??????????? 4 years, 1 month ago #15

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
More to come, is he also a troublemaker?

Re: Is this Cllr loosing his focus??????????? 4 years, 1 month ago #16

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
At last weeks full council meeting Cllr Miller said

"Yet last year I was alerted to an amusing little video where one of our Cllrs said she was annoyed, nay angry, because Cllr Miller claimed in a leaflet that the administration had decided to put more money into roads after pressure from the Conservatives and, ironically, she suggested that I look back to historical budgets."

Cllr Annette Ireland responded and thanked him for viewing her Facebook page.

Stewart Millers answer "It was Cllr Macdonald that sent it to me".

Re: Is this Cllr loosing his focus??????????? 4 years, 1 month ago #17

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Then we have this email from Cllr Miller,

"Cllr MacDonald alerted me to the fact that you were immediately publishing these private emails on a public web site therefore I will not be responding to any further private emails from yourself"

What possible reason could David Macdonald have to do such things?????????

Re: Is this Cllr loosing his focus??????????? 4 years, 1 month ago #18

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Pot, Kettle, Black.

Cllr Macdonald then publishes this email on his web site (3/3/20)

Private and published without permission?????????

Hi Councillor Macdonald,

The works that are being carried out by Scottish Water are to repair a damaged sewer, unfortunately due to there being an open excavation the traffic management cannot be lifted during peak hours. We have assurances from SW that they will manually control the traffic lights between the hours of 7.30am and 7pm and that the excavation will be reinstated and the road re-opened before peak time tomorrow.

Had we been notified or consulted in advance we would have insisted that these works be carried out during the weekend to minimise disruption. As it stands just now we cannot suspend works immediately as you have suggested as the excavation needs to be made safe before the road can be re-opened. The fact that we had no advance notification of these works will be raised with SW.

Our inspector will visit site tomorrow to check on progress with a view to ensuring works are completed and the road re-opened as soon as possible.

I understand how busy this road is and the frustrations the works have caused road users and as indicated above the matter will be raised with SW.

Regards

Roads & Transportation Controller

East Renfrewshire Council

Unit 2 Spiersbridge Business Park

Thornliebank

G46 8NG
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds