ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ?

Re: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ? 3 years, 6 months ago #31

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
++++++++++

Cllr Miller gave his help?

++++++++++

------ Original Message ------
From: "Miller, Stewart (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Friday, 2 Oct, 2020 At 20:15
Subject: RE: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll - Old Drove Road request

Good evening

As Mr Brand is the council’s access officer, he has access to morte information than meand as he says, this is part of his remit

Regards
Stewart

Re: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ? 3 years, 6 months ago #32

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
To: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: Monday, 5 Oct, 2020 At 09:39
Subject: Old Drove Road

Hi

Sorry, a bit more info and request for further clarification.

I initially wrote(attached below) on 16 Aug 2020 to Cllr Stewart Miller( my Local Councillor) and asked for his help with this matter -

'Would appreciate if you can raise the matter under the above mentioned initiative to have this path treated with grit/gravel/bark? to make it more accessible to everyone.'

However, Cllr Miller did not reply until I contacted him again on 2 Oct 2020(attached below) regarding your response and asking him -

'Would appreciate if you can read below and give any further information you can to help myself and Mark Brand with this matter.'

Cllr Miller replied - 'As Mr Brand is the council’s access officer, he has access to morte information than meand as he says, this is part of his remit'

Would appreciate if you can clarify -

Are you the Council's 'access' Officer? What does this entail?

Mark Brand Answer -
'I work in the Planning Policy Team and Access falls under my remit, this entails ensuring the council meets it statutory obligations relating to Right of Way and access rights granted under the Land Reform Act.'

Do you have access to more information than Cllr Miller regarding Flenders Farm and the Old Drove road etc as Cllr Miller says?

You said - 'I believe the North end of the Drove Road is part of Flenders Farm but I'm not sure who owns the section near what was Barrance Farm.'

Can you confirm that the North end of the Drove Road is part of Flenders Farm?

Mark Brand Answer -
'Unfortunately I am only speculating, to confirm ownership I would have to purchase a copy of the title from the land register to confirm this.'

Can you confirm the name of the owner of Flenders Farm and therefore owner of North end of the Drove Road?

Mark Brand Answer -
'I believe Councillor Miller is the owner of Flenders Farm, but as above I do not know with certainty the boundaries of the farm.'

If the owner can be confirmed, can they be approached to see if they would be willing to help the Local Community recover from this pandemic by undertaking some improvement work as previously indicated?

Mark Brand Answer -
'Yes, I would be happy to approach the landowner if they can be traced, it would appear that the southern end of the path was not sold with the surrounding land. The path is probably a remnant of the Barrance Farm title.'

I'm not sure how feasible this is but it might reduce the amount of public money required?

Mark Brand Answer -
'It would depend on the work required, I believe for example that Flenders Farm keep the hedges well-trimmed back from the path but with Barrance Farm long gone there is no such upkeep at the southern end.'

I was unaware that the North end of the Drove Road may be part of Flenders Farm until you mentioned this in your email. As said, you learn something new every day.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Re: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ? 3 years, 6 months ago #33

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Sent: 09 October 2020 09:33
To: Brand, Mark < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Re: Old Drove Road

Hi Mark

As I am looking into what finance may be available for this would appreciate requested clarification.

Also, as said, would appreciate if you can say who put this on your internal systems.

I had no acknowledgement/confirmation that this 'request' had been passed to the Council therefore was surprised (although pleasantly) to receive your initial response.

Again, your help is appreciated.

Thanks

From: "Brand, Mark" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Wednesday, 14 Oct, 2020 At 15:24
Subject: RE: Old Drove Road

Please find my response below against each of your questions. Thanks you for your assistance and time investigating options for the path. It is much appreciated.

I don’t have answers to all you questions, but I hope my replies are helpful. I had a look back through my emails and your query came to me through my planning manager.

Regards
Mark

Sent: 15 October 2020 09:22
To: Brand, Mark < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi Mark

Thanks for this.

Would appreciate if you can clarify where we are now and what steps are now being implemented to take this forward and to make the Old Drove Road accessible to all.

- 'I will approach the holder of the purse strings for the fund you mention but I am not familiar with the eligibility criteria. The funder may have placed restrictions on how and where the money can be spent.'

John Shelton Senior Strategy Officer, Roads & Transportation (07093 752 500 - Mob) has said -'Please be aware we have been awarded an additional £930k from the Sustrans’ Spaces for People programme, in addition to the £100k announced in May/June 2020, to help deliver our programme'

Have you or will you be contacting John Shelton and or anyone else regarding the availability of this/any available finance?

- 'Unfortunately I am only speculating, to confirm ownership I would have to purchase a copy of the title from the land register to confirm this. '

Will you be purchasing a copy of the title from the land register to confirm ownership?

Can you confirm the name of the owner of Flenders Farm and therefore owner of North end of the Drove Road?

- 'I believe Councillor Miller is the owner of Flenders Farm, but as above I do not know with certainty the boundaries of the farm. '

Will you be establishing with certainty the owner and boundaries of Flenders Farm?

Will you be approaching Councillor Miller to help you with confirming ownership and establishing with certainty the boundaries of the farm?

If the owner can be confirmed, can they be approached to see if they would be willing to help the Local Community recover from this pandemic by undertaking some improvement work as previously indicated?

- 'Yes, I would be happy to approach the landowner if they can be traced, it would appear that the southern end of the path was not sold with the surrounding land. The path is probably a remnant of the Barrance Farm title. '

It would appear we know one landowner? Will you be approaching them? If so how and when?

You mentioned laying drainage pipes? This would appear to me to be a long term solution?

In the meantime would treating with hard core/grit/gravel/bark? to make the path accessible to everyone be more practical in the short term?

Not looking for anything fancy, but something that will cover the mud and quickly dry out making it easier to walk for all.

- 'I had a look back through my emails and your query came to me through my planning manager. '

As said, I had no acknowledgement/confirmation that this 'request' had been passed to the Council therefore was surprised (although pleasantly) to receive your initial response.

Not sure why this should be so difficult? Would appreciate if your planning manager would let you know who passed my request to them/council.

This is a path that should be enjoyed by all. Again, your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ? 3 years, 6 months ago #34

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
From: "Brand, Mark" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Friday, 23 Oct, 2020 At 10:55

Please find the following update.

I have discussed the possibility of funding from the Spaces for People fund but unfortunately the funding criteria stipulates that funds must be spent on temporary active travel projects as opposed to maintenance.

I believe there are a number of projects in the pipeline that are focused on town centres.

Your comments have put the path on the radar, I will walk the route this winter to familiarise myself with the issues and going forward will promote the route in the appropriate strategy documents.

While this might seem a long winded process it is essential that the Council approaches the creation of a path network in a systematic and strategic way.

Regards
Mark

To: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: Sunday, 25 Oct, 2020 At 12:11

Hi Mark

Yes it is a long winded process, especially when £80,000.00 can be given to consultants at the drop of a hat !

(Source - Transport Response to COVID-19; Spaces for People & Bus Priority Rapid Deployment Briefing Note September 2020 - John Shelton Senior Strategy Officer – Roads & Transportation
Para 4.2.2 Estimated costs for consultancy support services is estimated at £80,000. )

You have given no indication of timescale or cost therefore you would appear to be just kicking this into the long grass.

Why does it have to be 'a long winded process' ?

'it is essential that the Council approaches the creation of a path network in a systematic and strategic way.' ?

This does seem like overblown bureaucracy for a relatively simple process as this path already exists? It does not have to be created !

Surely this is a prime candidate for all these COVID initiatives to get people out walking and exercising?

Some of the other initiatives will take years.

This is relatively simple and should not really be ' a long winded process', considering the importance being put on walking and exercise.

Not sure of the reasons why you ignored the rest of my email?

Would appreciate if you can give the requested information and answer -

You said - 'Unfortunately I am only speculating, to confirm ownership I would have to purchase a copy of the title from the land register to confirm this. '

I asked -

Will you be purchasing a copy of the title from the land register to confirm ownership?

You said - 'I believe Councillor Miller is the owner of Flenders Farm, but as above I do not know with certainty the boundaries of the farm. '

I asked -

Will you be establishing with certainty the owner and boundaries of Flenders Farm?

Will you be approaching Councillor Miller to help you with confirming ownership and establishing with certainty the boundaries of the farm?

You said -'Yes, I would be happy to approach the landowner if they can be traced, it would appear that the southern end of the path was not sold with the surrounding land. The path is probably a remnant of the Barrance Farm title. '

I asked -

It would appear we know one landowner? Will you be approaching them? If so how and when?

If it is 'a long winded process', what timescales and cost are we talking about?

Your help is appreciated in giving the above requested information.

Keep well.

Thanks

Sent: Sunday, 25 Oct, 2020 At 15:38

Hi Mark

Sorry, missed this out. Can you add to below and answer.

'Your comments have put the path on the radar, I will walk the route this winter to familiarise myself with the issues and going forward will promote the route in the appropriate strategy documents.'

Why wait till winter?

Why walk alone? I can meet you at the Old Drove Road anytime soon.

What are 'the appropriate strategy documents'?

Thanks

Re: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ? 3 years, 5 months ago #35

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Sent: Monday, 26 Oct, 2020 At 15:20

Yes I agree this is not a complicated project but I personally would not be able to fit this into my work programme alongside existing projects and commitments.

The main issue in a project like this is getting landowner agreement and finding budget.

I’ve answered your questions below, it’s starting to get rather congested so I have answered in green.

I hope this is useful.

Regards
Mark

You said - 'Unfortunately I am only speculating, to confirm ownership I would have to purchase a copy of the title from the land register to confirm this. '
I asked -

You said - 'I believe Councillor Miller is the owner of Flenders Farm, but as above I do not know with certainty the boundaries of the farm. '

++++++++++++

Mark's Answer -
'Unfortunately I don’t have a budget to search for the owner at the Barrance Farm end of for this and am not able to instruct a search a time.'

+++++++++++++

I asked -

+++++++++++++

Mark's Answer -
'Yes, I have mailed Councillor Miller to confirm his ownership and boundaries.'

+++++++++++++

I asked -
If it is 'a long winded process', what timescales and cost are we talking about?

+++++++++++++

Mark's Answer -
'I would have to walk the route to come up with an estimate of costs, in terms of timescales I will be preparing the next greenspace strategy over the next 9 month period .'

+++++++++++++

Re: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ? 3 years, 5 months ago #36

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Sent: 25 October 2020 15:22
To: Shelton, John < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: RE: FOI - 2298502

Hi John

Would appreciate if you can say where this £80,000.00 to pay for consultants will come from and where the money to pay for the additional Council posts will come from.

(Source - Transport Response to COVID-19; Spaces for People & Bus Priority Rapid Deployment Briefing Note September 2020 - John Shelton Senior Strategy Officer – Roads & Transportation
Para 4.2.2 Estimated costs for consultancy support services is estimated at £80,000.
Para 4.3 Creation of temporary Assistant post)

Thanks
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds