ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ?

Re: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ? 3 years, 5 months ago #37

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

------ Original Message ------
From: "Shelton, John" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Tuesday, 27 Oct, 2020 At 11:39
Subject: RE: FOI - 2298502

We would propose to fund consultancy support services and temporary assistant post from our Spaces for People grant allocation.

Regards

John

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Re: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ? 3 years, 4 months ago #38

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
To: "Brand, Mark" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Wednesday, 11 Nov, 2020 At 10:09
Subject: RE: Old Drove Road (and First Avenue to Monteith Drive Lane)

Hi Mark

Are you involved with this initiative - First Avenue to Monteith Drive Lane - as mentioned by Cllr Annette Ireland below?

What is the register of potential schemes?

Is the Old Drove Road on this register?

Will you be undertaking this work? -

- 'Work will be undertaken to establish ownerships'

- 'and the path will be looked at to determine what improvements could be made.'

- 'In the meantime, I have asked ERC to look at what short term measures could be taken to ensure the path remains passable over this coming winter.'

As with the Old Drove Road, will this be subject to your financial restrictions and 9 months timescale?

Cllr Annette Ireland has posted on their facebook page -

'Cllr Annette Ireland
16 hrs ·

🚴‍♀️First Avenue to Monteith Drive Lane🚴‍♂️🌳

I have been contacted by local residents concerned about the condition of this lane and had asked our Roads Department to look at this.

They have now reported that this will be added to our register of potential schemes.

Work will be undertaken to establish ownerships and the path will be looked at to determine what improvements could be made.

The upgrading of this path would be of huge benefit locally and has the potential to form an valuable active travel link for pedestrians and cyclists.

In the meantime, I have asked ERC to look at what short term measures could be taken to ensure the path remains passable over this coming winter.'

Again your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ? 3 years, 4 months ago #39

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Published Barrhead News On Line -

11/11/2020

News

1 hr ago

Council chiefs under fire over delay to £1m Spaces for People project

By Mya Bollan Reporter

EAST Renfrewshire Council has been slammed over delays in plans to use a £1million funding pot to make it easier for people to walk or cycle during the Covid pandemic.

The cash was awarded by walking and cycling charity Sustrans through the Spaces for People programme earlier this year, with local people being asked how they thought it should be spent.

However, that public consultation ended more than three months ago, with campaigners now urging council chiefs to accelerate their plans.

Barrhead resident and cycling enthusiast Martin Porter has created a ‘Safe Cycling for East Renfrewshire’ page on Twitter to vent his frustration over the delays.

Mr Porter, 45, told the Barrhead News: “I started this campaign due to the lack of safe cycling infrastructure in the area, even though East Renfrewshire Council was given over £1million of funding.

“Neighbouring Glasgow City Council have made great progress with this, yet East Renfrewshire councillors haven’t been able to offer me a solid answer when contacted about the lack of action taken here.”

Among the measures considered by council chiefs through the Spaces for People programme are ‘pop-up’ cycle lanes and the widening of footpaths to increase space for pedestrians.

They have also examined restrictions on parking where necessary to enable safe social distancing.

Council leader Tony Buchanan said: “We are absolutely committed to encouraging residents to travel actively wherever possible.

“Not only does this support a healthy lifestyle, it also alleviates pressure on public transport and negative impacts associated with an increase in private car journeys.

“We are continuing to work hard to put in place the necessary measures to improve our active travel network.

“The £1million funding provided by Sustrans through the Spaces for People programme for temporary interventions to enable more walking, cycling and wheeling during Covid is an important element of this and we continue to explore how best to utilise this funding.”

Re: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ? 3 years, 4 months ago #40

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
From: "Brand, Mark" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Friday, 13 Nov, 2020 At 08:31

First Avenue is not a project I know about.

The register is a list held by our Roads Team.

The Old Drove would not be on this list, because it is a rural right of way.

Regards
Mark
Mark Brand
Planning Officer
Strategic Planning

Sent: 14 November 2020 13:50
To: Brand, Mark < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi Mark

Thanks for this.

Rural right of way or Lane - Seems like more Bureaucracy?

You said that 'Yes, I have mailed Councillor Miller to confirm his ownership and boundaries.'

What was the outcome?

Have you confirmed his ownership and boundaries?

If so, what are the details of his ownership and boundaries?

Again, your help is appreciated

Thanks

Re: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ? 3 years, 4 months ago #41

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
From: "Brand, Mark" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Monday, 16 Nov, 2020 At 14:46

The boundary on the right of way lies at this point marked on the attached plan. I hope this is useful.

goo.gl/maps/msPHy1CDdKw7d2Q97

Regards
Mark Brand
Planning Officer
Strategic Planning

Re: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ? 3 years, 4 months ago #42

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
To: "Brand, Mark" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Monday, 16 Nov, 2020 At 15:19

Mark

Thanks for this, but not quite clear.

'The boundary on the right of way lies at this point marked on the attached plan. I hope this is useful.'

The boundary between who/what? The boundary between owners?

Are you confirming that the Old Drove Road from Flenders Road to this point marked on the attached plan , is owned by Councillor Miller/Flenders Farm?

Are you still saying that you do not know the owner, and for financial reason will not seek to find the owner, of the Old Drove Road from Kirkhill Road to this point marked on the attached plan ?

Your help is appreciated.

Sent: Monday, 16 Nov, 2020 At 15:55

Apologies , the point on the map shows the location on the Right of Way which marks the Flenders Farm’s boundary.

I can confirm I will not be paying the Registers of Scotland to undertake a land search on the section between this point and Kirkhill Road.

Regards
Mark Brand
Planning Officer
Strategic Planning

Sent: Monday, 16 Nov, 2020 At 16:02

Hi Mark

Just to confirm,

you are confirming that the Old Drove Road from Flenders Road to this point marked on the attached plan , is owned by Councillor Miller/Flenders Farm?

Thanks
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds