Username Password: Remember me

Council or Secret Society ?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Council or Secret Society ?

Council or Secret Society ? 3 years, 10 months ago #1

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Council meetings were held on 14 and 21 May 2020.

There was NO public access to these meetings.

The meetings were held in secret.

The details of what went on are still secret.

The minutes are still secret.

There has been NO press coverage.

Open & Transparent?

NO !!!!

Council or Secret Society?

I think you have to conclude that it is a Secret Society !!!!

NO REPLY FROM COUNCILLORS OR COUNCIL OFFICIALS.

SECRET SOCIETY !!!

------ Original Message ------
To: paul.o' This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ; This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ; This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Cc: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: Thursday, 21 May, 2020 At 13:07
Subject: RE: Emergencies Committee on Thursday 21 May 2020 at 2.00pm - Public access/minutes

To: Emergencies Committee Members
Cc: Eamonn Daly

Dear Emergencies Committee Members

At this meeting (Emergencies Committee on Thursday 21 May 2020 at 2.00pm), Would appreciate if you can raise the matter of giving public access to previous/current/future meeting details/minutes.

I have no idea what transpired at the 14 May meeting and it would appear I will not be able to find out what transpires at this afternoon's meeting until 19 June.

There is no public access to these meetings/minutes.

This is undemocratic. It cannot be considered open & transparent.

Why the secrecy?

In these abnormal times, It is just ridiculous to have to wait till 19 June for public access to this information.

These are not normal times.

Would appreciate that you confirm normal practice can be put aside during this emergency and the details/minutes published immediately.

Thanks

Re: Council or Secret Society ? 3 years, 10 months ago #2

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Sent: 23 May 2020 12:15
To: Macdonald, D (Cllr);
Subject: Secret Council Meetings

Hi David

I hope you keep well.

Due to email problems this is sent from my other email address.

Still would appreciate your help with getting details of these meetings.

Council meetings were held on 14 and 21 May 2020.

There was NO public access to these meetings.

The meetings were held in secret.

The details of what went on are still secret.

The minutes are still secret.

There has been NO press coverage.

Open & Transparent?

NO !!!!

Council or Secret Society?

I think you have to conclude that it is a Secret Society !!!!

NO REPLY FROM COUNCILLORS OR COUNCIL OFFICIALS.

SECRET SOCIETY !!!

'------ Original Message ------
To: paul.o' This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ; This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ; This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Cc: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: Thursday, 21 May, 2020 At 13:07
Subject: RE: Emergencies Committee on Thursday 21 May 2020 at 2.00pm - Public access/minutes

To: Emergencies Committee Members
Cc: Eamonn Daly

Dear Emergencies Committee Members

At this meeting (Emergencies Committee on Thursday 21 May 2020 at 2.00pm), Would appreciate if you can raise the matter of giving public access to previous/current/future meeting details/minutes.

I have no idea what transpired at the 14 May meeting and it would appear I will not be able to find out what transpires at this afternoon's meeting until 19 June.

There is no public access to these meetings/minutes.

This is undemocratic. It cannot be considered open & transparent.

Why the secrecy?

In these abnormal times, It is just ridiculous to have to wait till 19 June for public access to this information.

Would appreciate that you confirm normal practice can be put aside during this emergency and the details/minutes published immediately.

Thanks'

Thanks

Re: Council or Secret Society ? 3 years, 10 months ago #3

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
-------- Original message --------
From: "Macdonald, D (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Date: 24/05/2020 09:09 (GMT+00:00)
Subject: RE: Secret Council Meetings

I wanted to try to give some answers to your queries.

The emergencies committee meets without the public gallery for obvious reasons.

The emergencies committee is not webcast similar to that of all committee meetings.

I have pushed in the past for various committee meetings to be broadcast on the webcasts but I have never managed to convince the administration or the leader of the opposition and his party to support me.

You will be able to find the agendas for the meetings held on the 14th and 21st here.

www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/article/3559...h&articleid=3559

The minutes for these meetings will be published once they are approved for publication at the next meeting of the full council which will be held on the 24th of June by video conference.

I am unsure at this stage if there will be a means to allow the public to view this meeting online or not.

That is a question to be put to the Democratic Services manager, Mr. Eamonn Daly.

I trust this answers your questions.

Regards,
Cllr. David Macdonald. (IND)

Re: Council or Secret Society ? 3 years, 10 months ago #4

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
-------- Original message --------
Date: 24/05/2020 09:39 (GMT+00:00)
To: "Macdonald, D (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: RE: Secret Council Meetings

Hi David

Good to hear from you.

I know where to find the agendas/papers.

You are wrong.

The minutes will be published on June 19.

They will be published before the next meeting of full council.

If they can be made available on June 19 there is no reason why they cannot be made available to residents/council tax payers now.

I would appreciate if you can establish the reasons why the minutes cannot be made available now.

I have no idea what transpired at these meetings.

Do you? If so, how did you find out details of these meetings?

As said, it is just ridiculous.

As these meetings were held without public access you would think that councillors would be going out of their way to make these minutes available.

Again I ask why councillors are supporting this secrecy?

Your help and a reply regarding publishing the minutes now will be greatly appreciated.

Keep well

Thanks

Re: Council or Secret Society ? 3 years, 10 months ago #5

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
On Sun, 24 May 2020 at 15:33, Macdonald, D (Cllr) < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it > wrote:

Please accept my apology for my error.

What I meant to say was that the minutes will be adopted and approved at the next council meeting.

This is normal procedure. If they are published prior to the meeting then they will not be officially approved until after that meeting.

I would suggest you make these enquiries to the Democratic Services Manager. He is in best position to answer your questions.

Regards,
Cllr. David Macdonald.

Re: Council or Secret Society ? 3 years, 10 months ago #6

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 at 16:08
Subject: Re: Secret Council Meetings
To: Macdonald, D (Cllr) < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi David

Thanks for this.

'This is normal procedure'. - These are not normal times - The public can normally attend these meetings.

'If they are published prior to the meeting then they will not be officially approved until after that meeting' - that goes for whether they are available now or on 19 June.

No reasons have been given why these minutes cannot be made available now.

As you can see, I have approached Mr Daly, the Democratic Services Manager.

I have no problem with you approaching him on my behalf to get a response.

I said -' I have no idea what transpired at these meetings.'

You did not answer -
Do you? If so, how did you find out details of these meetings?

As said, why do Councillors want to keep details of what transpired at these meetings secret?

Again, your help in providing this information will be appreciated.

Keep well.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds