ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

The Truth, the Whole Truth and nothing but.........
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: The Truth, the Whole Truth and nothing but.........

Re: The Truth, the Whole Truth and nothing but......... 3 years, 3 months ago #49

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
'The Panel has decided not to uphold the complaint'.

Eamonn Daly
Democratic Services Manager

The complaint had been lodged by Allan Steele Jnr
2021-01-192.jpg

Photo credit to:- Mick McGurk

Re: The Truth, the Whole Truth and nothing but......... 3 years, 3 months ago #50

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
As promised, much more to follow as the proceedings have now been concluded.

Re: The Truth, the Whole Truth and nothing but......... 3 years, 2 months ago #51

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
Before Newsline commences their reporting on this matter, I would like to say a few things.

I was one of three defence witnesses in this case, and as such I provided a statement.

This is the response from Allan Steele Jnr to East Renfrfewshire Council with regards to my statement.

You will notice that he appears to denigrate me as reliable witness.

Allan Steele Jnr statement

Tom Taylor
This individual challenged me for objecting to the online harassment the day after it occurred. He seemed to be very interested in my reaction to the ‘James Williamson’ activity. The Panel will make of that what it will.

The relevance of the individual’s evidence is not clear, but he has made certain allegations that are false.

I did not make the offensive allegations against him that he claims. He has wrongly assumed that it was me.

The irony is that one of those comments appear to attack his ability to investigate.

A further irony is that, far from engaging with the individual (with very limited exceptions to include the effect he was having on my family), I have passed on advice I received and advised people not to engage with him in any way.

It is an approach adopted by others when dealing with similar individuals.

Perhaps of greatest concern is the fact that a commentary of this process features on a website that the individual appears to run.

It is held out as the East Renfrewshire Neighbourhood Watch website.

It may be noted that neither Neighbourhood Watch Scotland nor Police Scotland endorse or associate with its activities.

The individual holds himself out as a journalist.

I would suggest that any reporting on this process is incompatible with being a witness and I would invite the Panel to consider the issue of credibility.

Whilst the individual has claimed that I have mistreated him, I would note that remarks about me which have been brought to my attention continue to feature on his website throughout this process.

Whilst tolerance of others is important to me, I would not waste my time on any engagement or further thought regarding the individual.

Re: The Truth, the Whole Truth and nothing but......... 3 years, 2 months ago #52

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The irony is that one of those comments appear to attack his ability to investigate.
  • It is held out as the East Renfrewshire Neighbourhood Watch website. It may be noted that neither Neighbourhood Watch Scotland nor Police Scotland endorse or associate with its activities.
  • The individual holds himself out as a journalist.

I am somewhat surprised that a person who alleges that he is an experienced solicitor is unaware of facts.

Not an investigator
Not a journalist
ERNHW not endorsed by the Police or AoSNW

Re: The Truth, the Whole Truth and nothing but......... 3 years, 2 months ago #53

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
I do not blow my own trumpet, unlike some.

However I do feel that I require to respond to what I believe to be defamation.

I am a retired Detective Sergeant with three decades of Police service to the community.

Whilst working in London as a member of the National Criminal Intelligence Service (NCIS) and one of only two Scottish Officers appointed to that organisation I was presented with a award by the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) with regards to my investigative work in support of drug law enforcement.

I was also presented with another and unconnected award by the Director General of the National Criminal Inttelligence Service for my investigative work regarding drugs coming from Europe via Southern Ireland into the United Kingdom.

I am indeed the chair of the East Renfrewshire Neighbourhood Watch which I established.

NHW Scotland presented me with six awards for this Association, one of which was for the person of the year (Scotland).

The police commander of East Renfrewshire nominated me as the person of the year to
the Eastwood Rotary Club, due to my work with East Renfrewshire neighbourhood watch, which they endorsed and awarded me that trophy.

That trophy was presented by the then Provost Alex Mackie, who is a prominent member of East Renfrewshire Liberal Democrats.

Provost Allan Steele Snr was present beside me when we held our opening ERNHW meeting at Duff Hall, Busby.

I am a member of the Chartered Instute of Journalists and have been for the past 7 years.

Re: The Truth, the Whole Truth and nothing but......... 3 years, 2 months ago #54

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
"I cant go into detail because the police are involved, I dont say that to cause alarm"

Allan Steele Jnr at the Council Hearing 2021

JS99114084.jpg

Allan Steele Jnr at Kilmarnock Sheriff Court 2016
Image courtesy Daily Record

This we believe was Allan Steele Jnr's first step into the public domain, however it may have been a catalyst for what was to come 6 years later.
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds