ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Green light could be given to demolish former station master’s house in Clarkston
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Green light could be given to demolish former station master’s house in Clarkston

Re: Green light could be given to demolish former station master’s house in Clarkston 3 years, 3 months ago #13

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
------ Original Message ------
From: "Miller, Stewart (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Sunday, 3 Jan, 2021 At 17:53
Subject: RE: FW: The Station Master's House, Clarkston station, Clarkston Toll shops

Dear Sir

Thank you for your email..................

Can I also wish you a very Happy New Year

If you think the council, or anyone else for that matter, in trying to take over someone else’s property is not corporate theft, then we will have to disagree

I have said all along I will support any legitimate proposal as it is not my place, nor the councils, to dictate as to what is to happen to that house.

My personal preference would be for it to be refurbished into a comfortable family home, as it has been for almost 200 years

Regards
Stewart

Re: Green light could be given to demolish former station master’s house in Clarkston 3 years, 3 months ago #14

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
RM64 wrote:

If you think the council, or anyone else for that matter, in trying to take over someone else’s property is not corporate theft, then we will have to disagree

A totally illogical response to a very relevant set of questions.

Perhaps the newly INDEPENDENT Cllr for Ward 4 requires much more than 'Diversity Training'.

Surprised he did not tell you he went to school with the son of the house and that the woman who owned it was called 'The Butterfly Woman' and that he probably delivered milk there 20 years ago. (Likes to say he knows the area)

Re: Green light could be given to demolish former station master’s house in Clarkston 3 years, 3 months ago #15

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
Common Good Land in Cowan Park, Barrhead. ERC built on the land, went to court and were told to unbuild and move the site of the new build Barrhead High School.

Was that not theft?

Patterton Station Car Park - ERC allegedly told Scotrail they owned the land and they built a car park. Turns out a Alistair Park (Farmer) apparently owned the land (Stewart Millers Cousin)

Houses on Ayr Road had their front gardens compulsorily purchased to build a second lane on the Ayr Road - Was that not a land grab.

There are many more examples.

It appears Mr Miller has a selective memory on these and many other matters.

2021-01-02.jpg

Cllr Miller - INDEPENDENT

Re: Green light could be given to demolish former station master’s house in Clarkston 3 years, 3 months ago #16

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
To: "Miller, Stewart (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Monday, 4 Jan, 2021 At 12:00
Subject: RE: FW: The Station Master's House, Clarkston station, Clarkston Toll shops

Hi Stewart

Thanks for this.

However.......

Again you choose to misrepresent me.

I have not asked you or the Council to partake in any form of 'theft'.

I would appreciate if you would acknowledge this fact.

Are you telling me the Council have never been involved in Compulsory Purchases?

Are you telling me the Council has never been involved in negotiations/purchase of Private Buildings and Land?

I am not asking you or the Council to 'dictate' anything.

What I am asking you is to explore if it is possible that the House and Gardens at some point could by be developed for 'Community' use.

Obviously this would be done by negotiations and would not involve 'theft' or 'stealing' by anyone.

But if we don't at least try we will never know.

You cannot deny there has been a great deal of Public Interest in this site.

To try and get some sort of consensus and find a way forward, as a first step I would appreciate if you can approach/write on behalf of your constituents to the current owners to ask about their future intentions for the site now that planning permission has been denied.

Are they going to leave the building to become derelict so that it is eventually demolished?

You could also ask for their help and appeal to their Community spirit with getting the gardens tidied.

This request could also ask if the current owners were willing to develop the site with the Community in mind.

A few posts from the 'yourclarkston' facebook page -

- A nice bar with beer garden is exactly what Clarkston needs. Giffnock has got great bars and brings people to the area that will also spend money in the local shops.

- It would have been great to see someone with a vision and money to convert the building into a pub with a small beer garden to the side where there is spare ground. The Station House bar. Have a place the community can come to.

I note your preference ' My personal preference would be for it to be refurbished into a comfortable family home'

but there is considerable support within your constituents to find out if it is possible that it can be developed for some sort of 'Community' use.

Again, your emphasis appears to be on what you can't do?

Not what you can do for your Constituents?

You cannot deny there has been a great deal of Public Interest in this site.

I don't think any of the above is a big ask for Constituents to ask of their Councillor and will not take up much of your time.

Your help is appreciated.

Keep well.

Thanks

Re: Green light could be given to demolish former station master’s house in Clarkston 3 years, 3 months ago #17

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
------ Original Message ------
From: "Miller, Stewart (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Monday, 4 Jan, 2021 At 18:33

Taking without the owners consent or agreement is, in my book, theft

Secondly, as a member of the local PAC, if I were to write to the owners to ask their future intentions, could be construed in some quarters as taking sides and I refuse to do that

This is my last correspondence with you on this issue

Regards
Stewart

Re: Green light could be given to demolish former station master’s house in Clarkston 3 years, 3 months ago #18

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
RM64 wrote:
Secondly, as a member of the local PAC, if I were to write to the owners to ask their future intentions, could be construed in some quarters as taking sides and I refuse to do that

"My personal preference would be for it to be refurbished into a comfortable family home, as it has been for almost 200 years"
Stewart Miller
INDEPENDENT
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds