ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Green light could be given to demolish former station master’s house in Clarkston
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Green light could be given to demolish former station master’s house in Clarkston

Re: Green light could be given to demolish former station master’s house in Clarkston 3 years, 5 months ago #7

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Presumably this is not the end of the matter as the Applicant can appeal the Council Decision?

Planning permission appeals

www.mygov.scot/planning-permission-appeals/

Re: Green light could be given to demolish former station master’s house in Clarkston 3 years, 2 months ago #8

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Cllr Annette Ireland has posted on their facebook page -

Cllr Annette Ireland
4 December at 07:41 ·

❗️Clarkston - Planning Reporter Decision ❗️

I am very pleased that the Scottish Planning Reporter has agreed with our decision, as a Planning Committee, to refuse this application. They agreed that it did not meet Policies SG7 and D1 of planning policy.

The Reporter states that " I am unable to conclude that the proposal would result in positive community benefits. As indicated previously, I also consider that the design of the proposal would detract from the quality of the built environment."

"Whilst the proposal would provide shops in an accessible location, it is of poor design quality and would result in the loss of a building which is of historic interest to local people.

I consider overall that the adverse impacts of the proposal would outweigh the benefits and conclude that the proposal would not contribute to sustainable development."

www.dpea.scotland.gov.uk/CaseDetails.aspx?ID=121219

Re: Green light could be given to demolish former station master’s house in Clarkston 3 years, 2 months ago #9

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
------ Original Message ------
From: "Miller, Stewart (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Sunday, 11 Oct, 2020 At 22:46
Subject: FW: The Station Master's House, Clarkston station, Clarkston Toll shops

Dear Sir

For information, the Council’s Planning Applications Committee has no power to recommend to land owners, shop owners nor indeed, house owners, as to any future plans they have for their property.

As you are aware, the former station masters house in Clarkston is in private ownership and it is entirely up to the owner as to what they do with their property

Similarly, the views I put forward at the hearing were those views expressed to me by quite a number of local people, most of whom would prefer that the property was refurbished and returned into a family home

I trust this clarifies my position

Best wishes

Stewart

Re: Green light could be given to demolish former station master’s house in Clarkston 3 years, 2 months ago #10

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Sent: 12 October 2020 10:25
To: Miller, Stewart (Cllr) < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Re: FW: The Station Master's House, Clarkston station, Clarkston Toll shops

Hi Stewart

Thanks for this.

But your emphasis appears to be on what you can't do?

Can you not be positive and optimistic?

What can you do as a Local Councillor?

What will you do to ensure it is maintained and kept in good order?

What will you do to ensure this particular building/gardens could be turned into some sort of community (or private) cafe/eating place with gardens for sitting in, which in the current COVID situation for demand for more outside space, is much more preferable option?

What will you do to help develop a community plan for use of the current building/gardens?

What will you do to encourage this without delay?

What will you do to start with getting the gardens tidied and perhaps used in the short term for seating etc and for the public to enjoy during the lockdown restrictions.

What will you do to help in getting started to formulate this plan/development for Community use will be appreciated.

Would appreciate if you can be positive and optimistic and say how you intend to take this forward.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Green light could be given to demolish former station master’s house in Clarkston 3 years, 2 months ago #11

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
From: "Miller, Stewart (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Tuesday, 13 Oct, 2020 At 08:42
Subject: RE: FW: The Station Master's House, Clarkston station, Clarkston Toll shops

Dear Sir

I am utterly astonished at the things you suggest in this email.

What you are suggesting is, basically, although on a smaller scale, is a Mugabe style land grab.

You are advocating that the council, or government, or someone else, supported by the local council, takes over a house and land owned by a private individual and develop it for ~community use~

How would you feel if the council wrote to you and told you they were going to take over your house, with no compensation, and then ask the local community what they would like to do with it

Apart from the fact that no council or government have the power to do such a thing, although I’m sure the current left wing nationalist government would love such powers, it would be absolutely immoral to try and force such a thing.

I am completely opposed to theft of any kind and especially corporate theft by government departments and or councils.

Regards

stewart

Re: Green light could be given to demolish former station master’s house in Clarkston 3 years, 2 months ago #12

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
To: "Miller, Stewart (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Sunday, 3 Jan, 2021 At 13:44
Subject: RE: FW: The Station Master's House, Clarkston station, Clarkston Toll shops

Hi Stewart

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

However, ...................................

I am just getting round to dealing with a backlog of emails and I have now read your nonsense 'rant' -

'I am utterly astonished at the things you suggest in this email.

What you are suggesting is, basically, although on a smaller scale, is a Mugabe style land grab. You are advocating that the council, or government, or someone else, supported by the local council, takes over a house and land owned by a private individual and develop it for ~community use~

How would you feel if the council wrote to you and told you they were going to take over your house, with no compensation, and then ask the local community what they would like to do with it

Apart from the fact that no council or government have the power to do such a thing, although I’m sure the current left wing nationalist government would love such powers, it would be absolutely immoral to try and force such a thing.

I am completely opposed to theft of any kind and especially corporate theft by government departments and or councils.

Regards
stewart'

I asked - 'What will you do to help develop a community plan for use of the current building/gardens?'

I did not ask you to carry out 'a Mugabe style land grab.'

I did not ask you or the Council to contemplate 'theft' or 'steal' anything.

It is obvious to anyone (apart from yourself?) that any 'ownership' matters would be dealt with within any agreed plan and this would include discussion with the owners and any purchase or payment matters.

I would refer you to other Community projects -

A DISUSED landmark in Barrhead’s Cowan Park is to be turned into a community café.

News
2nd July 2020
By Pippa Smith Reporter

Barrhead's disused landmark in Cowan Park set to become a community café

www.barrheadnews.com/news/18555966.barrh...come-community-cafe/

News
16th March 2020
By Pippa Smith

A NEW chapter in the history of one of Barrhead’s best-known buildings has begun after it opened its doors for the first time in five years.

The James McGuire Building reopened last week as a community hub which is home to a café, gift shop and art studio.

www.barrheadnews.com/news/18309356.chang...gets-new-lease-life/

My Best Wishes to you and your Family for 2021.

It was reported in the Local Press (September 2020) -

'Councillor Miller said: “I will continue to help and support the ward four (Clarkston, Netherlee and Williamwood) constituents, as I have always done, as an Independent councillor, just as my father did for almost 20 years.

“Nor is it just Conservative voters whom I will represent but every member of my local community, regardless of race, religion, colour, -_-ual orientation or, indeed, political affiliation.”'

I do hope in 2021 you practice what you preach.

Again, I would ask -

What will you do to help develop a community plan for use of the current building/gardens?

Thanks
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds