I want the Police to pressure the Roads Department
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: I want the Police to pressure the Roads Department

I want the Police to pressure the Roads Department 3 years, 4 months ago #1

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Cabinet (Fire & Police) 19 November 2020

Cllr Grant uses a strategic update meeting which includes the Divisional Commander of Greater Glasgow and the Chief Inspector at Giffnock to speak about an incident that occurred outside her home.

2020-11-285.jpg

Cllr Barbara Grant (Conservative)

Re: I want the Police to pressure the Roads Department 3 years, 4 months ago #2

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Cllr Grant reminded the Chief Inspector that she had spoken with him by telephone several weeks ago, regarding a road accident that had ocurred outside her home on Old Mearns Road.

2020-11-286.jpg

Re: I want the Police to pressure the Roads Department 3 years, 4 months ago #3

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Apparently a car had travelled up this road and at the bend left the road and ended up in a field opposite her cottage.

Cllr Grant wishes the Council Roads Department to place additional 'SLOW' signs in advance of the bend.

She claimed that there had been a similar accident approximately three years ago, and one a few years prior to that when a vehicle travelling in the opposite direction left the road.

Three accidents at this location in 80 years.

Re: I want the Police to pressure the Roads Department 3 years, 4 months ago #4

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
The Cllr alluded to the fact that she had spoken to "a young man" at length who gave her the reasons why the council would not be placing additional signs prior to the bend.

Still this did not prevent her speaking at a strategic meeting about what appears to be nothing more than a personal issue, and attempting to have the Police pressure East Renfrewshire Council Roads Department into something they had told her they had no reasons to undertake.

Three accidents within 80 years does not appear to be a reason to increase already existing signage?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds