• Page:

TOPIC: Coronavirus claims more lives in East Renfrewshire

Coronavirus claims more lives in East Renfrewshire 3 years, 2 months ago #1

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
Courtesy Barrhead News
By Gillian McPherson
Reporter

CORONAVIRUS has claimed another four lives in East Renfrewshire, latest figures show.

According to data released today by the National Records of Scotland (NRS), the fatalities took place in the week ending January 24 and bring the total death toll in East Renfrewshire since the pandemic began to 187.

The total covers all fatalities registered where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate and, as this includes suspected or probable cases, it differs from the lab-confirmed coronavirus deaths announced daily by the Scottish Government.

At council level, the highest number of Covid deaths in the week ending January 24 took place in North Lanarkshire, where 48 people passed way, followed by Glasgow at 43 and Fife at 33.

In a message to those who are grieving the deaths of friends and family from coronavirus, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said: "I know that this won't be any consolation to you at all but, nevertheless, I do want you to know that your loss weighs heavily on me and it always will."
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds