Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Political interference in policing?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Political interference in policing?

Political interference in local police matters ? 12 years, 7 months ago #13

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
Letter(s) being hand delivered on Sunday 25th September 2011<

Re:Crime Alerts 12 years, 7 months ago #14

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd

Re:Crime Alerts 12 years, 7 months ago #15

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
These alerts are placed onto the web site within 24 hours of the crime, unlike local news media who only publish once per week and have limited space to re produce material, we on the other hand can produce on a daily basis and have unlimited space and can report either one crime a day or 100.

Add in the innovative crime mapping and you have a crime prevention service second to none in Scotland, let alone Strathclyde. This was and is still a first in the UK, Strathclyde Police have set the benchmark with regards to crime alerts and crime mapping for the benefit of its residents in East Renfrewshire.

I note with interest that you stated in the press on your appointment that you wished to build on what your predecessor had achieved, however it would appear to us that you are intent on dismantling what your four predecessors had achieved.

For the purpose of record this organisation and web site has won multiple national awards and is recognised as a leader in its field, we receive 5,000 unique visitors each and every month who undertake an average of 15,000 views with the most visited section of the web site being the crime alert section which is - non political.

Can you advise us as to why you have decided to remove an established service to the public of East Renfrewshire that has been in operation for the past five years, and apparently dismantling the relationship with the 8,000 member households of ERNHW and indeed the wider community that has been built up during this period which must be construed as a retrograde step with regards to community relations in East Renfrewshire.

I am personally of the opinion that you may have misconstrued the thrust and purpose of the crime alerts as opposed to the role of the public discussion forum.

We would be obliged if you could respond to each of these points raised.

If you are not in a position to answer the points raised satisfactorily then we will of course refer the matter to Chief Constable House.

I am positive that we can both agree that partnership working is an essential part of modern policing and Strathclyde Police would wish to be seen to be working closely with a wide range of agencies to improve the quality of life in the communities they serve.

Yours sincerely

T. Taylor

Cc. Divisional Commander Andrew Bates

Re:Crime Alerts 12 years, 6 months ago #16

• Sax
  • Platinum Boarder
I find it very sad that we have elected councillors into the administration who are acting like children.

This is not about being political, it is only about the public talking about the administration and exposing what is and has been going on.

There is nothing political in that.

Instead of grasping the nettle and going with it, we have the administration attempting to silence this site by having Jim Sneddon rattle his drums. When that did not work the legal bods rattled theirs, then we had the slight of hand and underhand PR guru rattleling his drums, then we had the legal bods doing a behind the doors attempt to suppress this our right to free speach by going to the Information Commisionares Office.

When all of that failed they went to the police and the Fire Service, when that failed did they stop.

No they waited until a new police man arrived and cornered him, only this time it worked.

Some might say what have windfarms or roads or schools got to do with NHW. Well those are in our lifes and we have to live with them. Is that not what this NHW is all about, life and everything that goes with it.

As Lazercow said, everying is to do with politics, everything.

Cannot talk about roads, cause that is political, cannot talk about schools cause that is political, cannot talk about jails because that is political, etc.....

That means we can talk about......yes, exactly nothing because the inner cartel want to stop free speach, unless of course we want to express our gratitude for the excellent job that they are doing on our behalf in relation to St Ninians, Robslee and a hundred other matters that affect our everyday lifes.

Sorry to go on but just how low will this administration stoop in their attempts to shut up the public and deny us the rights that millions died for.

Administration councillors you should hang your heads in shame, and frankly so should Alan Murray for allowing himself to be manipulated in this way.

Or am I being political:angry:

Re:Crime Alerts 12 years, 6 months ago #17

• Gloria
How dare a policeman punish me for talking by removing my ability to see what crime is occuring in this area. Does he no longer want my help in dealing with crime and criminals. Will he shut down crimestoppers because I will not telephone them anymore, I may not even telephone the police call centre when I see a crime being committed. How dare he act as a bully boy for the council.

Re:Crime Alerts 12 years, 6 months ago #18

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
Our executive are very concerned with regards to this development which is in our opinion the latest in a very long and sustained campaign being waged by a few vociferous people which in our opinion is designed to undermine this organisation, and all of these attempts have been well documented.

We feel that it is prudent to lay out our development and in particular our history and relationship to date with Strathclyde Police.
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds