Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Political interference in policing?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Political interference in policing?

Re:Crime Alerts 12 years, 6 months ago #25

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
The police section identified all of the community officers, by photograph, a short profile and contact details.

Profiles and contact details of their supervisors and current and news worthy story's or appeals that were going out from the officers in East Renfrewshire.

A very unique section of the site and another first in the UK.

Every time an officer was moved or replaced the site was altered to reflect these changes.

Additionally we had trained, at our expense the two community policing sergeants to enable them to enter and administrate the police site at any time.

We had also paid for an obtained many photographs of East Renfrewshire Officers operating in the streets. Another first and we used these photographs all over the site to promote the police accordingly.

We also gave permission for Strathclyde Police to use these photographs in their recent publications of crime stats in East Renfrewshire.

Re:Crime Alerts 12 years, 6 months ago #26

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
The sub section also had a video message from Chief Inspector Kenny Graham about the good work that his officers were undertaking.

Re:Crime Alerts 12 years, 6 months ago #27

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd

Political interference in policing? 12 years, 6 months ago #28

• Gerry
Why would anyone want to remove that level of cooperation overnight without any dialog, it would appear to me that there may be an ulterior motive.

Re:Political interference in policing? 12 years, 6 months ago #29

• lasercow
  • Administrator
I've been looking at the Strathclyde Police website, I assumed the information would be available there...but the info is only present as number of crimes of a certain type in a certain area - completely useless!

The geographical tagging of such data is vital, I can't believe they don't represent it as ERNHW have done, it's the only way to make any sense/use of it.

Re:Political interference in policing? 12 years, 6 months ago #30

• Billy
Censorship by stealth, not very subtle are our leaders but I did think that a senior police officer would have been capable of working out the scenario for himself.

I would have expected someone in his position to have undertaken some background enquiries and that would have established that these leaders have been trying everything that they could to eradicate free speech in East Renfrewshire for a number of years.

That aside there does not appear to be any logical reason to remove the crime alerts, I cannot imagine anyone managing to make a connection between a crime prevention tool and politics.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds