Convicted Lockerbie Bomber Megrahi Dies
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Convicted Lockerbie Bomber Megrahi Dies

Convicted Lockerbie Bomber Megrahi Dies 11 years, 10 months ago #1

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
Full story in the News section

The former Libyan intelligence officer convicted of the Lockerbie bombing, Abdelbaset al Megrahi, has died, his family has said.

East Renfrewshire Council, which is supposed to receive updates about his condition following his early release from prison, has said it has received no official confirmation of his death but it is investigating.

The Foreign Office said it does not know if the reports are accurate, but they are "seeking further information".

Re: Convicted Lockerbie Bomber Megrahi Dies 11 years, 10 months ago #2

• Gloria
Can't say that I'm sorry to hear he's dead - it will NEVER excuse that sorry excuse for a bureaucrat in Edinburgh who let him out - ever.

He should have died in Bar-L, his victims never got an extra three minutes with their relatives, never mind an extra three years.

Re: Convicted Lockerbie Bomber Megrahi Dies 11 years, 10 months ago #3

• Billy
Now that he's finally gone, and good riddance, surely it's time to find out why Salmond and McCaskil let him out in the first place? time for the world to know the truth.

Re: Convicted Lockerbie Bomber Megrahi Dies 11 years, 10 months ago #4

• Sax
  • Platinum Boarder
Maybe now at least ERC will stop crowing about 'monitoring the most vile mass murder in the world' even though they actually had no capability of doing so.

Maybe they will even offer Cllr Robertson his old job back now that Megrahi is dead, but now that Cllr Robertson knows all about Mary and her cronies perhaps he would not want it back.

Three years of life, a lot more than he gave the victims and their families.

Compassionate release by the Scottish Government, what was it, 270 victims, just goes to prove that they are not fit for purpose.

Re: Convicted Lockerbie Bomber Megrahi Dies 11 years, 10 months ago #5

Billy, actually his name is spelt MacAskill and we're not related, though I can see why it would be an easy mistake to make. The First Minister has continued to adhere to his justification that it was 'a compassionate release', so at least he is being entirely consistent. You are allowed to be consistently wrong. But, when you are consistently wrong and First Minister it's not exactly a confidence builder.

Re: Convicted Lockerbie Bomber Megrahi Dies 11 years, 10 months ago #6

• Stewart
  • Gold Boarder
I agree, good riddence to bad rubbish
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds