ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Clarke reveals 60,000 career criminals have been spared jail... day after blaming Press for too many offenders being in prison
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Clarke reveals 60,000 career criminals have been spared jail... day after blaming Press for too many offenders being in prison

Clarke reveals 60,000 career criminals have been spared jail... day after blaming Press for too many offenders being in prison 11 years, 10 months ago #1

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd

Re: Clarke reveals 60,000 career criminals have been spared jail... day after blaming Press for too many offenders being in prison 11 years, 10 months ago #2

• Billy
Clarke has totally lost the plot, I think he is on smack myself

Re: Clarke reveals 60,000 career criminals have been spared jail... day after blaming Press for too many offenders being in prison 11 years, 10 months ago #3

• Stewart
  • Gold Boarder
What is the problem here???.....So prisons are full up and the lesser bad boys get orf cos there is no room at the inn!!

I have a wee suggestion, why not gather them all up and send them on a very long extended holiday(20 yrs) to the Outer Herbries???they say food weather and accommodation are next to nothing and that what the Ken Clarke of this world want......spend little money!

Re: Clarke reveals 60,000 career criminals have been spared jail... day after blaming Press for too many offenders being in prison 11 years, 10 months ago #4

• Helen
  • Platinum Boarder
Ken Clarke is either an extreme liberal fool, or else he's gone ga-ga. Either way, he needs to be removed and pronto before he does any more damage.

Re: Clarke reveals 60,000 career criminals have been spared jail... day after blaming Press for too many offenders being in prison 11 years, 10 months ago #5

Like most Press statements, the truth of the matter resides in the last couple of paragraphs after all the fol-de-rol and ta-ra of the bulk of the statement.

For example, you will note that the 15 convictions in the last paragraph suddenly becomes "15 convictions or CAUTIONS". cautions are a system used in England for very minor offences in order to save Court time. Unlike in Scotland, England officially records cautions, Scotland doesn't.

Also note this: "Worryingly, the statistics warn that this hard-core element of serial criminals is growing in number". Interesting use of English here.
In the previous paragraph they are descibed as "serial offenders". The official definition of offences is that of a misdemeanour i.e. a minor crimes, such as public drunkenness, Breach of the Peace, petty assaults, and shoplifting. Yet in the very next sentence "serial offenders" magically becomes "a hard-core element of serial criminals". You will note that at no time does the article define what this means.

Re: Clarke reveals 60,000 career criminals have been spared jail... day after blaming Press for too many offenders being in prison 11 years, 10 months ago #6

• Sax
  • Platinum Boarder
In Scotland there are no 'police cautions', the Fiscal can issue a 'warning letter' and in England cautions are increasingly being used for more serious crimes.

Oxford Ma
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds