Username Password: Remember me

Where has all the money gone!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Where has all the money gone!

Re: Where has all the money gone! 11 years ago #25

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Link-Explorer-Link-Explorer.jpg

Are there some underlying associations that should have been declared to the membership of the association. We think so but you will require to read on in order to find out who and what.

Re: Where has all the money gone! 11 years ago #26

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
CllrWaters2.jpg

We understand that Cllr Waters was approached at the AGM and it was highlighted to him that members of the public were being excluded.

His response was "You are speaking to the wrong guy"......"and the constitution says".

Re: Where has all the money gone! 11 years ago #27

• Why?
Newsline wrote:

Which then brings into question, does anyone know or indeed understand the relationship between landlord and tenant.

Nope but I understand the relationship between cooncillor and secy.

Re: Where has all the money gone! 11 years ago #28

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
and the constitution says - good question councillor Waters.

Remember this is a new constitution that the 'four person' committee were introducing at the AGM. A constitution that has caused concern with a number of people closely associated with the ENAA.

Two of whom are long standing community councillors, who are a statutory body and have their own constitutions.

As one person observed on the night "This constitution can be used for much more than growing potatoes"

Re: Where has all the money gone! 11 years ago #29

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
The new constitution is certainly very wide ranging and vastly different from the templates shown on the Scottish Allotments and Gardens Society web site.

This constitution appear's to cover every thing from cradle to grave without a mention of allotments or plots.

A small selection of which include:

Apply for grants / trusts and aquire property and alter it.

b. the provision of recreational facilities, or the organisation of recreational facilities, with the object of improving the conditions of life for the persons for whom the facilities or activities are primarily intended, and the wider community
c. the advancement of education,
d. the advancement of health,
e. the advancement of citizenship or community development,
f. the advancement of the arts, heritage, culture or science,
g. the advancement of environmental protection or improvement,
h. the relief of those in need by reason of age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage,
i. any other purpose that may reasonably be regarded as analogous to any of the preceding purposes,
j. the advancement of equality among people
k. the provision of projects that support skills development and employability experiences for local people

Re: Where has all the money gone! 11 years ago #30

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
It should be remembered that this committee consists of volunteers, giving of their time and energy for the benefit of their neighbours and the community.

However that should not negate the requirement for credibility to be present at all times and it does not assist that credibility when office bearers make comments like these in public.

Secretary - "The decision was taken by the committee not me"

Chair Steve Taylor when asked regarding a particular phrase in the constitution - "I did not write the line"
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds