Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Where has all the money gone!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Where has all the money gone!

Re: Where has all the money gone! 11 years ago #31

This Constitution might be regarded as the thin end of the wedge. So what's the thick end? To give just two examples, in the advancement of education or health do any of the adherents of this Constitution have any educational or medical qualifications and if not how exactly do they do any advancing?

Because in one case they will be in direct collision with the Local Authority and the other the NHS and the Local Authority, a somewhat unequal struggle I would venture to suggest.

So what we are left with will be talking, usually a substitute for action, and tends not to advance anywhere - pretty much like the current state of the allotments.

Re: Where has all the money gone! 11 years ago #32

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: Where has all the money gone! 11 years ago #33

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
"The committee took advice from the Council as landlords" That certainly appears to be in dispute.

The only thing not in dispute is that there are no 'plot holders' active on the site, even after the AGM.

DSCF9264.JPG

Re: Where has all the money gone! 11 years ago #34

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Who are the current office bearers, the people who are giving up of their own time for the good of the community of vegetable growers.

We would love to be able to identify them, but they decided after the committee was elected at the AGM to hold the office bearers appointments behind closed doors, even away from the membership.

We have to keep asking the same question over and over again, why the cloak of secrecy and the vow of silence.

Is there something more to this than good old fashioned communities getting together for vegetable growing?

LandgirlsImagefowebbyAlanReynolds.jpg

Re: Where has all the money gone! 11 years ago #35

• lasercow
  • Administrator
Seems like a lot going on when I've been away (I was in China, providing consultancy on media manipulation ERC-style).

So it sounds like this body is now in prime position to apply for public money on just about anything it can think of. I thought we already had an organisation that did that in ER, the East Renfrewshire Community Enterprise Trust, a organisation whose main interest is "To make permanent reductions in domestic enegy (sic) use in Barrhead", but also finds time to get grants to "commission a feasibility study and business plan for a community childcare service in Barrhead."

Maybe they should get together, seems they have a lot in common.

Re: Where has all the money gone! 11 years ago #36

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
@Lasercow
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds