• Platinum Boarder

Re: Current State of the Roads in East Renfrewshire 6 years ago #16

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: Current State of the Roads in East Renfrewshire 6 years ago #17

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
----Original message----
From : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Date : 26/03/2018 - 00:15 (GMTST)
Subject : Re: Current State of Viaduct Road

I stopped by today and it's a total shambles.

Having looked at it I am minded to say that ERC will come back with a response that will most not meet to your liking.

That is, that it is scheduled for a road resurfacing sometime in the non-specific future.

I know that will be frustrating to hear that they cannot knuckle down a date.

I would say that now they have complaints about it and are knowledgeable of the faults, if anyone bursts a tyre or damages their vehicle on any of the potholes between now and a road resurfacing, the council will be duty bound to pay for damage that anyone suffers on Viaduct Road at this area.

I am as angry as you are about the state of East Renfrewshire Roads as any resident.

Even more so as I have to deal with Ill thought out vanity projects and funding decisions that ultimately affect what money the roads department get, which judging by the 3rd world standard, is very little.

Roads in this local authority area are the worst I have seen in the country.

No question.

The people of East Renfrewshire deserve better than this.

I just hope the people of East Ren can see that if they elect more independent councillors in the future they would have a greater chance of having the council guided by elected members that are far more effective in making sure local authorities deliver the services they are supposed to.

Look at the councils of the Western Isles, Orkney and Shetland as great examples of when local authorities are run correctly backed up by Independent run administrations.

Hopefully more Indy candidates get in the race next time across all the wards.

Kindest regards,
David.
CLLR.David Macdonald
Independent.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 25/03/2018
To: "Macdonald, D (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Re: Current State of Viaduct Road

Hi David

Have you managed to visit Viaduct Road.

Have read your post on your facebook page regarding reporting road defects. Unfortunately I'm not on facebook so I'll need to pester you with an email !

I think we had previously corresponded on the state of the roads just after you were elected and agreed to disagree. But the problems have not gone away.

I have regularly reported the pot holes in Viaduct Road, Linwood Ave and Overlee Road.

Again Roads were contacted recently regarding the pot holes in Viaduct Road, but it would appear only 1 pot hole was filled and this has since re-appeared.

You just can't keep filling in pot holes, eventually the road has to be resurfaced.

Thanks

---Original message----
From : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Date : 24/03/2018 - 21:06 (GMTST)
Subject : Re: Current State of Viaduct Road

I'll stop and have an inspection on in next passing.

Kind regards,
David

-------- Original message --------
Date: 23/03/2018
To: "Macdonald, D (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Current State of Viaduct Road

Hi David

I know you are busy, but could you take 5/10 minutes when passing to have a look at the current condition of Viaduct Road.

Would be interested in your thoughts/views/opinion regarding it's current state.

Roads were contacted but it would appear only 1 pot hole was filled and this has since re-appeared.

Thanks

Re: Current State of the Roads in East Renfrewshire 6 years ago #18

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds