Username Password: Remember me

Snow Problem
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Snow Problem

Re: Snow Problem 5 years, 6 months ago #25

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
----Original message----
From : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Date : 03/09/2018 - 14:36 (GMTST)
Cc : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Subject : RE: RE: RE: Review - Eastwood Park Campus - Snow/Ice problems

The piece of work that is being undertaken is quite substantive hence the timescale involved.

Whilst I note your comment in relation to East Renfrewshire Council Tax Payers I would advise you that, as demonstrated within the Report to Cabinet on the 21st of June 2018, Winter Maintenance Service currently provided by East Renfrewshire Council is more comprehensive than that provided to the majority of local authority residents within Scotland.

Kind regards,
Phil

Sent: 31 August 2018 16:35
To: Daws, Phil
Cc: Daws, Phil
Subject: Re: RE: RE: Review - Eastwood Park Campus - Snow/Ice problems

Hi Phil

Thanks for this.

You say 'Numerous pieces of information are being fed into these reviews but we would not expect the outcomes to be received until the end of the year. '

Why would you 'not expect the outcomes to be received until the end of the year' ?

Surely, East Renfrewshire Council Tax Payers are entitled to expect something before this winter starts?

Thanks

----Original message----
From : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Date : 30/08/2018 - 11:25 (GMTST)
Cc : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Subject : RE: RE: Review - Eastwood Park Campus - Snow/Ice problems

Apologies for the lateness of my response.

There are numerous reviews that are being undertaken including a review of the gritting routes, an assessment of the effectiveness of the salt distribution, a review of the location of the grit bins and the review of the deployment of the workforce.

Numerous pieces of information are being fed into these reviews but we would not expect the outcomes to be received until the end of the year.

Kind regards,
Phil

Re: Snow Problem 5 years, 3 months ago #26

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
-------- Original message --------
Date: 04/12/2018 10:50 (GMT+00:00)
To: "Lafferty, A (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Eastwood Park Campus - Ice & Black Ice - Tuesday 4/12/2018 - Ref: 101001884888

Hi Alan

Attended Gym at Eastwood Park 08:00 - 9:00 Tuesday morning 4/12/2018.

Conditions were treacherous and dangerous with sheet ice & black ice in the main car park and surrounding pavements.

People and schoolchildren were slipping and sliding all over the place.

Can you confirm the reasons why this area was not salted/gritted ?

Please give details of the contract for salting/gritting this area.

Thanks

Re: Snow Problem 5 years, 3 months ago #27

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
----Original message----
Date : 04/12/2018 - 11:08 (GMT)
Subject : Re: Eastwood Park Campus - Ice & Black Ice - Tuesday 4/12/2018 - Ref: 101001884888

I'm sorry but we simply cannot grit every road or pavement overnight.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Re: Snow Problem 5 years, 3 months ago #28

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
You would think that common sense would prevail and an area that attracts a lot of footfall like that should be prioritised.

Re: Snow Problem 5 years, 3 months ago #29

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
----Original message----
Date : 06/12/2018 - 10:05 (GMT)
To : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Subject : Re: Eastwood Park Campus - Ice & Black Ice - Tuesday 4/12/2018 - Ref: 101001884888

Hi Allan

See below.

As a senior constituent and trying to keep fit by attending the gym it's ironic that I have to take evasive action to avoid breaking a leg and/or dislocating a hip to get there and any injury to myself is viewed as collateral damage.

As a senior constituent it's great to have your support, compassion, sympathy and concern.

Maybe you can suggest how this situation can be avoided in the future.

'----Original message----
Date : 05/12/2018 - 09:27 (GMT)
Subject : Eastwood Park - Customer Enquiry 188488

I have been forwarded your email of 4th December and enclose my reply below.

It should be noted that the contract for un- adopted roads is only for roads and car park areas, with a path formed from the car park area to the Council owned building entrance. The contract excludes the gritting of general paths/ pavements

I can inform you that Eastwood Park was gritted on 4/12/18 at 04.00hrs as per the contract requirements. Unfortunately the area was subjected to rain after this time, which then froze and formed the ice mentioned.

The contract specifics include for one visit per property between the hours of 01.00 and 07.45 if the road surface temperature reaches 00 C within that period.

Regards

Raymond O'Kane
Property and Technical Services Manager Environment Department - Property and Technical Services'

Thanks

Re: Snow Problem 5 years, 3 months ago #30

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
----Original message----
Date : 06/12/2018 - 10:55 (GMT)
Subject : RE: Eastwood Park Campus - Ice & Black Ice - Tuesday 4/12/2018 - Ref: 101001884888

How do you feel about an uplift in your Council Tax to improve service?

Cllr Alan Lafferty
Labour & Co-operative Member Ward 4
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds